Chapter 4: Pant Thief

Y/N peaked his head from the mailbox he hid behind. Every time the hero would seem suspicious of someone following him, Y/N would act fast and hide. 

When Aizawa started walking again, Y/N released a breath of relief, clutching onto his panda and candy tightly. 

They walked for what seemed forever, at least for the six year old. They finally reached Aizawa's house. It was small and simple, which fit the personality of the laid-back hero perfectly. 

Y/N watched as Aizawa unlocked the door to his house and shut it behind him before the boy could walk in. Y/N pouted from behind his jacket, wondering how he would get in.

" Okaka!" Y/N yelled into the night sky, frustrated that he got so far with no luck on how to get in.

Then Y/N heard something from the house. Y/N looked over and saw Aizawa's cats hop on the open windowsill. He watched with dotted eyes before rushing over to the cat, looking at it with big eyes.

The cat looked down at the boy, unamused at the small intruder. Y/N reached for the windowsill and tried to pull himself up, causing the cat to hiss at the boy. 

Y/N hissed back at the cat, and it gave an offended expression back at him. 

Y/N earned the cats respect, it took a few steps aside so the boy had enough room to climb the window. Y/N grunted as he tried to wiggle his legs up, the cat bit his jacket to help pull him in as well. 

Finally, with a lot of effort and the cats help, Y/N fell through the opened window and into the house with a loud thump. 

"Chelsea?" Aizawa called, walking down the stairs. (Your Lie in April fans are sobbing rn)

Y/N sprung up and looked around the room for a hiding spot. Chelsea ran towards the armchair that was set at the corner of the room, signaling her new partner in crime to jump behind the chair. 

Y/N ran towards the chair and jumped over it, landing uncomfortable on his head but he stayed quiet. 

"You okay girl?" Aizawa asked as he made it to the living room. The black cat just let out a small meow, rubbing herself on the heroes
leg. 

"Let’s get you some food" Aizawa chuckled, walking to the kitchen with the cat hot on his heels. 

Y/N stayed behind the armchair for a while, listening for when the mysterious man went to sleep. The hero was just talking to his cat, telling her about his day. Y/N caught on to words that mattered. 

He was a teacher, and he was a hero. So automatically, Y/N thought that Aizawa was playing hero as well, so was he supposed to still be the villain in the game? He had no idea how he was supposed to act, but he would try his best. 

Once Aizawa went upstairs to his bedroom for the night, Chelsea jumped on the armchair Y/N was hiding behind, meowing down at the six year old. 

Y/N quietly climbed out from the corner, careful to not make a sound to alert the hero of him being there. Chelsea led the way towards the kitchen, Y/N waddling behind the cat with his bag and panda in his arms. 

Y/N opened one of the cubby boxes, not being able to read any of the labels was tricky for him, but the pictures helped him out. He reached for a box of cookies, almost knocking down the whole shelf in the process. 

Y/N closed the cabinet and sat on the floor, opening the box in a hurry. Chelsea walked over to a different drawer under the sink, hitting it with her paw. Y/N crawled to the drawer, opening it and saw a bunch of treats with pictures of cats on them. He grabbed a box and opened it for the cat, both of them beginning to eat their treats in silence. 

But Y/N had a job to do, so he put his cookies aside and got up from the floor, Chelsea following his actions. Y/N nodded with confidence, putting panda on the kitchen counter. He reached down and grabbed the black cat, they both began walking up the stairs quietly. 

Y/N peaked into one of the rooms, seeing the hero asleep in a yellow bag, but still on his own bed. 

Y/N put Chelsea on top of his head and tip-toed into the room, holding his breath for good measure. He carefully opened a drawer, taking all the pants his little arms could carry. It wasn't much, just three pairs, but he did his job as the pant thief. 

Y/N quickly scurried out of the room and down the stairs again. He chucked the pants in his hiding place behind the armchair, he would make that his home for the time being. 

Y/N grabbed a pillow from Aizawa's couch and put it in his hiding spot as well. Chelsea clawed at a door that was by the staircase, so the boy went to open it. There were a few spare blankets inside, so Y/N grabbed one and threw it behind the chair as well. 

Y/N yawned and grabbed his panda, hugging it close. Chelsea meowed quietly and Y/N smiled down at her, scratching the cat behind her ear.  Y/N reached into his bag of candy and put a chocolate bar on the kitchen table, his rent for the time being. 

Y/N rubbed his eyes and went behind the armchair again, snuggling into his pillow and blanket. It was way more comfortable than the lab with the doctors for sure.

Chelsea hopped into the corner as well, snuggling into the blanket with the six year old. 

Y/N hugged panda and Chelsea close, shutting his eyes and finally getting his first good night's sleep in a long time.