Chapter 42

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

"Why the fuck is he here?" Landon says harshly his voice growing deeper.

"I don't know." I tell him honestly.

"Hey Layla, you left your bag in my car." Dante says from behind my door.

"Oh, uh, hey, give me a second I'm just getting changed." I say yelling back as I scurry out of the bed and put Landon's shirt on me.

Landon watch's me amused, but as if remembering who was on the other side of the door his facade changes to an emotionless one, his eyes growing a darker shade of grey.

Landon ends up putting his boxers and pants back on and lays against my headboard as he observes me.

I make my way to the door and open it just enough for Dante to only see me.

Dante's face comes into view as he holds my black bag in his hand.

"Hey. Sorry for barging in, the front door was open I knocked but you didn't answer s-

He stops midway as he takes in my body with his eyes. His eyes don't linger anywhere for you long, but then they stop on my neck.

I look at him confused as his light blue eyes turn dark.

He was about to speak but then I get pulled against someone's chest.

Immediately recognising the tatted hand around my waist, Landon stands behind me as he towers over Dante.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Landon's deep voice says lowly to Dante.

Dante's eyes change from my neck to his figure.

"I was dropping her bag off." He says holding the bag up as he eyes, Landon.

"And why do you have her bag?" Landon questions again.

Dante shrugs and speaks,

"I dropped her home." He says emphasising the 'I' a bit too much.

Landon's hold on me tightens but not enough to hurt me, as his cold eyes glare bullets to Dante's.

"Leave." That is all Landon says before snatching the bag from him and pulling me back into the room as he shuts the bedroom door in his face.

I look at Landon wide-eyed as he casually lays back down on the bed and stares up at me.

He pats the spot next to him and I slowly make my way over.

I cross my legs as I face Landon on the bed.

He stares into my eyes as his face remains emotionless.

"He took you home?" He asks.

I nod my head as I start playing with his hand.