Chapter Twenty: The Three-Headed Dog

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction!!! If you like this chapter, don't forget to leave a comment and a like! ❤️

December had come by fast and now, it's already the beginning of a new month, and so, at that day after Harry was done taking quizzes with all his important classes, he went to the library with Ron, Draco, Hermione, and Dudley

December had come by fast and now, it's already the beginning of a new month, and so, at that day after Harry was done taking quizzes with all his important classes, he went to the library with Ron, Draco, Hermione, and Dudley. The few months had started cold and misty but still, to the students, school had just began to be busier especially to the Quidditch Players as they have more assignments and activities to be done in the dorms since they don't go to classes like many other students.

At the time they reached the library, Harry chose to read a philosophy book but only moments after opening it, he began to realise the complexity of the book. He was just staring long and hard at the book about Nicholas Flamel for half an hour. He just had difficult practical quizzes with Professor Quirrell and he wondered why he had to read that book to discover what he was doing after he went out of a room that Dumbledore had forbidden students to enter.

Members of the Quidditch Team can opt to study on their own pace and read things that interest them and so, he chose to read about the philosopher's stone. He also was given a secret mission by his guardian to report everything he knew about Professor Quirrell.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked him. "You can tell us and maybe we can help you."

"Would it be okay if you follow Professor Quirrell again? He asked me to spy on him," Harry asked his friends and cousin. "Dad seemed to suspect that he's doing something illegal."

"If I can be useful, I'll do it," promised Dudley. "We'll do our best to stay safe, Harry."

"Tell my dad first if you see something scary, alright?" Harry told them. "I don't want something bad to happen t any of you while I'm practising for Quidditch."

"Don't worry about us," Ron assured him. "We'll be able to spy on him safely."

"Thank you, Ron," Harry told them. "I'm glad to know that I have friends like you."

...

Ron, Dudley, and Hermione followed Professor Quirrell almost everyday for a week and they became aware that their professor always worked to find something strange until while they were eavesdropping behind his office, they heard him talk about a Philosopher's Stone hidden deep in the castle.

Hermione gasped in surprise and almost screamed which made Ron to close her mouth but when they became aware that the wooden door of their Defense Against The Dark Arts Office opened, they ran as quick as they could to hide but as they were running, they were pretty much surprised that they've entered one of the forbidden rooms in the third floor. Meanwhile, Dudley just froze in shock behind them.

Dudley, Hermione and Ron soon began to scream together when they saw a three-headed dog who were growling at them. Luckily, they saw an immediate escape when they saw another light enter a door which was just a few distances away from them. They carefully moved out of the room and calmed themselves up after that.

The three of them were also shocked when they realized that the person who saved them was none other than Severus Snape. "What we're you doing in that room? Don't you know that it is forbidden to be in that room?"

"Anyway, p-professor, we... we were... We don't know how to start," Hermione uttered as she really don't know what to say. "We spied on Professor Quirrell and we heard him talk about a philosopher's stone hidden beneath the castle."

"Who asked you to spy on him? Care to tell me?" Snape asked them. "You'll have to tell me. Don't you know how dangerous it was to do it? As far as I know, I asked someone else to do it."

The two Gryffindors don't know what to tell him since he might be angry and furious if he discovered who asked.

Severus walked closer to them in a very ominous way and he was about to scream, too. "If you won't tell me, I would-!"

He was stopped only when Albus Dumbledore interrupted the conversation. "What is this all about? Why are those kids out of their dormitories in the dead of the night?"

"Professor...," Severus sighed. "I can explain."

"I think you don't need to tell me as I know what happened," Dumbledore replied to him. "I gave you permission to take care of Harry many years ago but you used him this time."

"What do you mean?" Severus asked in surprise. "You don't mean to take him away from me, right?"

Dumbledore sighed. "I will take the children out for now and bring them to their dormitory and you will meet me in my office tomorrow as I have to tell you something important."

"Sir, we don't mean to do anything wrong!" Hermione told them. "Please let me explain."

"You will help Harry in defeating our current problems today but that's just it," Dumbledore told them. "The both of you are Harry's friends but my meeting with Severus is a different matter."

"We won't be punished by being out for too long?" Ron asked. "That will be cool and a thanks, too."

Dumbledore smiled. "Yes, Mr. Weasley. You won't be punished as you can tell me what you know in the morning."

Ron, Dudley, and Hermione sighed in unison while Severus felt nervous as he didn't know what the school headmaster meant. He also hoped that Harry won't be taken away from him.

Severus was already very close and connected to the boy and he'd feel very disappointed if the boy was taken away from him, so, before they left, he asked him, "I'm still Harry's guardian, right? You won't take him away from me. I know that you want his godfather to take care of him instead of me but Harry had been with me since he was a baby. He may not be able to take it if he's taken away from me. I don't even know who told you that I wanted Harry to spy on Quirrell. He's a good, talented wizard and I think it's only good to train him now to fight older wizards."

"Harry was the one who told me what you wanted him to do," Dumbledore answered him. "Are you surprised now that he reported it to me?"

As much as he was shocked, he understood why Harry had told him about it. "I want to continue to take care of Lily's child. Don't give him to a man he never knew!"

"Severus, thank you for taking care of the child even if he's the child of the man you hated long ago but I'll be the judge when they meet here tomorrow," Dumbledore reminded him. "Continue to take care of him, Severus and it will be you who would until he's old enough if Sirius won't want to take care of Harry."

"I hope it will be me who will continue to take care of Harry. I love the boy and I will protect him no matter what!" Severus cried before he walked away in haste. "He's my child! The boy isn't James's child anymore! Do you understand? Harry is my child!"

A/n: I hoped that you liked this chapter!!! What do you think about what Severus told Dumbledore? Do you agree with him? Tell me in the comments below! Thank you for reading this story up until now!!! I appreciate you all so dearly!