\|11|/

The day quickly turned to night, and the fog prevented anyone from seeing a few buildings ahead, the rain drops making contact with Alex's balcony door, just next to his bed, making little tap noises.

Elizabeth sighed, "What am I gonna do, Turner?" She asked him, "I've lost my job and now I'm living with my best friend. This doesn't seem ideal does it?"
"Hey! We could have fun." Alex said from the bathroom.
"Okay, okay. Well I have no job and that alone looks terrible." Elizabeth said, "No job. No money."

Alex thought for a second and popped his head out of the bathroom, looking over to Elizabeth.

"I have a thought." He said, making his way over to her, "You should be our manager type of person, you'll make some good money."
Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"I could get you a spot for when we go on tours to just help out, be our assistant and that." Alex said.
"Don't you already have one of those?" Elizabeth asked.
"Well technically you were our first assistant type person with all that time you spent trying to get us noticed years ago... And look at that, it's all payed off thanks to you. So you deserve this job again." Alex said.
Elizabeth smiled warmly, "Thanks Turner."
"Just for you, love." He said, turning around and moving to his bathroom.

Elizabeth then turned around and noticed a record player in his bedroom, in the corner next the sliding door.

"Why do you have a record player in your bedroom?" Elizabeth asked.
"So I can listen to tunes in me bed." Alex said.
Elizabeth nodded and laughed softly, "Of course."

She looked through his very small collection, the majority being 70s albums plus all the Arctic Monkey's, The Last Shadow Puppet's and The Strokes albums.

"Your collection is wank though." Elizabeth said.
"The rest of it is in the lounge room." Alex said.

Elizabeth then quickly moved into the lounge room where yet another record player was, and she crouched down looking through all the vinyls, smiling as she saw her favourite record — The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars by David Bowie.

Elizabeth remembered when her and Alex would slow dance to Five Years.

"I hope that this part of the collection is satisfactory." Alex said from beside her.
Elizabeth nods, "Has my stamp of approval."

Elizabeth watched as Alex took a vinyl out out of its cover, then it's plastic case, opened the record player and placed it in carefully. He placed the little stick onto the record, perfectly timing, and the first song begins to play.

"Pushing through the market square
So many mothers sighing
News had just come over
We had five years left to cry in
News guy wept and told us
Earth was really dying
Cried so much his face was wet
Then I knew he was not lying"

Alex began to do a little dance that consisted of awkward movements, and random noises to come out of his mouth that weren't even the lyrics. The song wasn't slow, but it wasn't too fast either, a perfect choice.

"I heard telephones, opera house, favorite melodies
I saw boys, toys, electric irons and TV's
My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there"

Alex held out his hands to the young woman, and she placed her own into his, unsure of what he is planning to do. He spun her around in circles, moving from the left to the right.

"And all the fat, skinny people
And all the tall, short people
And all the nobody people
And all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people"

Alex's hands then move down to Elizabeth's hips, and she placed her hands on his shoulders, the two swaying back and forth, in harmony.

"A girl my age went off her head
Hit some tiny children
If the Black hadn't have pulled her off
I think she would have killed them

A soldier with a broken arm
Fixed his stare to the wheels of a Cadillac
A cop knelt and kissed the feet of a priest
And a queer threw up at the sight of that
I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlor
Drinking milk shakes cold and long"

It wasn't exactly a slow dancing song, but it somewhat suited. The two look into each other's eyes, the music now just in the background as it wasn't the main focus anymore.

"Smiling and waving and looking so fine
Don't think you knew you were in this song
And it was cold and it rained, so I felt like an actor
And I thought of Ma and I wanted to get back there
Your face, your race, the way that you talk
I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk"

Their faces inch closer and closer each second, Alex begging for the touch, her touch.

"We've got five years, stuck on my eyes
Five years, what a surprise
We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot
Five years, that's all we've got
We've got five years, what a surprise"

A tiny gap between their faces is what separated the two and,

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The sharp knocks is what made Elizabeth pull away, seconds before a decision that could change her life. Elizabeth coughed stiffly as Alex slowly shifted his head back up. He took his time to walk to the door, Elizabeth just wanting the tension to ease. He opened the door, and a man with two tubs of ice-cream stood in the doorway. Alex took the tubs from his hands and payed him.

"You got us ice-cream?" Elizabeth asked, smiling softly.
"Yeah well, I knew a guy and... I know how much you love mint flavour." Alex said.

Elizabeth smiled eagerly and but turned around and pulled the stick off the vinyl gently, then put the vinyl back into its case and placed it back into its designated spot.

Elizabeth joined Alex on the couch, keeping her distance as he took the tub he offered her from his hands.

"Thank you." She said, smiling to him softly."
"It's okay, Liz." Alex said.

_/\_/\/\_

Elizabeth's soft snores filled the room. Alex tried to slide away from Elizabeth, but failed miserably, ultimately resulting in him just staying in his spot, with Elizabeth in his bed. Alex had carried Elizabeth to his bedroom after she began to doze off, and somehow got caught up and made it into his bed. He knew that sleeping in the same bed as her sounded bad, and looked bad, but at least he knows that nothing happened between them.

Elizabeth's head rested on Alex's chest, and he gently ran his fingers through her hair, careful not to pull on the tiny knots she had tangled throughout her hair.

As Alex watched the young woman take deep breaths, he noticed how truly beautiful she was, not that he hasn't realised before, it's just that now, it's like somehow she can get even more attractive. Elizabeth then shifted her body position, rolling slightly to the side, and flopped her arm around Alex's body, her head still sitting on his chest. Alex smiled to himself, and soon enough he drifted off into his own slumber being in the comfort of the one person he truly admired and perhaps even loved most.