Chapter 2. The Most Evil of Them All

Hidden in the shadows, a clamour of voices overlapped.

There was the sound of unintelligent screaming, then mad stomping. Gradually, the sound died down. In the dark alleyway, two figures could barely be seen by the naked eye. They were both men, and rather stuck closely to one another. Occasionally, they'd stick their heads out from the alleyway, attempting to capture a glimpse of a peculiar someone.

"Ugh..." One of the two men sighed. His body was puny and skinny, practically shrinking within the buttoned up flannel which he wore.

The puny man kicked one of his feet at the wall. "One day left... there is only one day."

By his side was another man. This man was skinny as well, but taller and with a hunched back. His trousers were ripped around the knees, revealing an expanse of muscular hair.

The tall man was confused. "What are you so concerned about?"

Whipping his head around, the puny man was shocked into disbelief. It wasn't after some time did he wipe the dumbfounded expression off his face. He sighed once again. "I forgot. You're the new member they've sent me, eh. Well, since you're so curious, I'll explain to you."

The puny man began his session of storytelling.

The lands in which they roamed in at that moment... in fact, is not where they belong. They were merely inside of a fictional novel. They originally belonged to the lands of earth. However, they died, and for some strange reason, reincarnated into a world that was described the same way as the novel they read!? Such scenarios were often found in stories as well.

There will always be a protagonist that dies, then reincarnates in a book they read.

These two men were reincarnators. It was bizarre enough to find one reincarnator. However, they managed to find an entire organization of reincarnators!

The organization was basically a cult of people who'd been reincarnated into the novel. As fellow reincarnators themselves, the two men joined the organization and became members. Nobody else but them knows how the future of the world will play out. Such facts are exhilarating. But then again, it withholds an inevitable danger.

"Did you see the man who just passed by?" The puny man hissed.

The tall man paused. After a while, he nodded. "I remember seeing that young man. He was really beautiful. I don't remember the author describing a background character as beautiful as him."

"Idiot!" The puny man retorted. "That isn't a background character!"

The tall man was dumbfounded. "What? Then, who is he?"

It took a while for him to process the name given. "Lucilline Rubius."

Lucilline Rubius was the most evil villain in the novel. He was the man who lit the kingdom in flames of hatred, war, famine, and death. There was no other man scarier than Lucilline Rubius. If he was ranked second place as the most dangerous villain, no other person would dare to take first.

Originally, he was a low key character.

Lucilline tended to blend in the shadows, but shone brilliantly when necessary. He was the third son of Duke Rubius, one of the three Grand Dukes in Lydia Kingdom. As the youngest son of a nobleman with high prestige, Lucilline was treated with respect wherever he went.

Even the author had a crush on him. There were no paragraphs written without mentioning Lucilline's appearance. The readers were long aware that the great Lucilline Rubius was a great beauty.

However, who knew what happened to the author, but they wrote Lucilline to become the great villain!

The readers were in an uproar. Why would the benevolent author make their favourite character as the villain of their novel?