Chapter 26

"Hi , I'm Jameson Coleman , I'm a tattoo artist just to advertise my work . They call me old man Jay in here . I'm in for bank robbery and I hope to achieve gettin' outta' here early ." He says , and everyone falls into laughter.

"Hi Jameson" we all say . It's been going for the past forty or fifty people . Only one person is left to speak , and that is this guy who has been quiet for the entire time here . He stands .

"Hi , I'm Ace Bernett , I dont do nicknames . I'm in for murder and apparently attempted rape , I hope to achieve kindness and if I'm lucky enough riding a pony into the rainbow as a sun sets with happiness coming out of the pony's ass." He says and Jameson laughs so do a few people and the rest of us are stunned by his bluntness .

I examine his face,  his eyes are bloodshot and the iris is a line between green and blue - no not turquoise,  but both green and blue . His mouth is a plump pink and he has a model face . His her is brown , so brown that at a further proximity you could mistake it for black . Something though about his eyes scares me .

His eyes are stone cold , they scream murderer . His arms are covered with tattoos and a bracelet with the name Melanie written on it .

"Take a picture , it lasts longer" he says . And only then I realise that I'd been staring and that it's only the two of us remaining in the hall , everyone else left .

He smirks then walks right past me . Then he comes back .

"Your friend said something about going to gardening with Anthony ." He says , then leaves . I'm left standing there alone . Stunned by what had just happened.

I mean had I stared long enough for the whole room to clear? Oh wow . It only felt like two minutes .

I also leave the hall . And as Ace had said I see Isabella with some blonde guy working on what looks like tomatoes .

So instead I head to art . It's always been my favourite thing to do , viewing art I mean . Its something Jason got me into . And now I just come alive whenever I'm around art .

I get there , and as expected my mind leaps straight into my eyes as I'm captivated by the beauty that these people are creating with their bare hands .

I spend over three hours watching Donny - so I've learnt- paint. I get up and go back to the room . The sun is setting and it is a beautiful view.

I mean , what am I even going to do in the room anyway.  I rush into Isa and I's room and take a book from the little I've brought here then I head up to the roof of the building . I sit there and read the book .

Twilight.

Edward leaves Bella in this book I'm reading . I've never imagined that he would as the love he had for her was unending , it was unlimited , it was unconditional. 

Just like Jason and I.

My mind reminds . It is true , Jason and I seemed as strong as Edward and Bella . If I'm to be honest , I always thought that it was stronger . I relied on him for happiness .

But I remember momma always said , 'never rely on someone for happiness , that is you asking for temporary happiness .'

I always thought momma was referring to the fact that the love of her life died shortly after the life they had always wanted had began . In all truth momma is not as happy as she had been when I was a child .

And it seems like my situation with Jason has made her unhappier . I mean for her to bring up dad ?

In all my 26 years,  momma had never mentioned dad . She didnt like to speak of him , whether I had done good or bad .

I mean at some points I had needed a 'your dad would be so proud of you.' But those words I'd had said to myself because I lost hope in them the moment I won the national spelling bee and she has smile and put my pictures everywhere .

I mean I beat thousands of kids in the United states of America and she wouldn't tell me that my father would have been proud of me? So I definitely know that I must've hit deep for her to mention dad .

I've been out here for so long that the sky has started to darken . I see that near the projector - I've come to learn that this is a out door movie centre - there are blankets which I assume are for sitting .

I grab one and I lay it on the floor , my body mimics the blanket as I also lay on the floor .

The sky looks so beautiful , I haven't been paying much attention to the sky these past few years . But now I see just how magical it is .

Momma says that Poppa loved the sky . And from the diary I had secretly been reading ,which I found one day during a game of hide and seek with Jason in my mother's wardrobe . Momma says that Poppa broke her virginity under the stars . What a beautiful thing  .

To make love with the love of your life while the stars are watching , while the moon stares and smiles unto to you .

And the sun wouldn't know your secret as it was busy shining onto other planets . The sounds of your love making disappear into the darkness that engulfs you .

How I wish Jason and I had done that . But no! If we had,  then I'd hate the sky.  Because everytime I'd look up at the sky I'd remember how my innocence was taken under the watchful eye of the stars and the stars did nothing to warn me of the trouble I was getting myself into . So no!

It's really amazing how just one look at the night sky would send you deep into endless thought that jumps from one topic to another .

Author's note .

Call me crazy but I love to read books were the author adds a little bit of themself into the characters.  See just like Cassandra I love twilightI also didnt believe that Edward would leave Bella and I love the night sky . Thinking under it just awakens my curiosity.

Anyway how was this chapter . Any predictions? What do you think about Ace ? Tell me everything!💍❤

Can you guys please help me with my dream ? I want to be an author and I google what it takes for your book to get published and they said that the book has to get popular enough so let's get the book popular.  🙏😊

Vote , comment and recommend 🥰😚

Nic275 🥂🧚‍♀️❤