T.w.e.l.v.e

Nikhil was distraught after he got the news that Palak was getting married because he still loved her. He tried his best to move on but always her memories flashed before his eyes.

He started avoiding avantika saying that he has to work late as he was the CEO now. The week passed like that only.

___________

Morning time

Today they had to go to palak's reception party.

"Avantika, today we have to go to the party", he reminded her.

"Ohh shit!!", she gasped putting her hand on her mouth.

"What happened??", he asked.

"Actually I had to look over the financers list today so I would be late", she told.

"It's fine. I will go", he sighed and turned around to go

"No...you don't worry. I will come", she said holding the end of his sleeve.

"Are you sure??", he asked looking at her hand.

As she followed his gaze, she left the sleeve.

"Umm yes", she replied.

He smiled at her and went.

________________

In the evening, nikhil reached the venue. Avantika had told him that she would come a little late.

By the time, nikhil went to congratulate Palak and dev.

"Congratulations to both of you", he gave them the bouquet.

"Thank you nikki...umm...sorry nikhil", palak stammered.

Nikhil's face hung low when he heard this name from her mouth. Palak also felt embarrassed.

Dev sensed the uncomfortablity of the moment so he hugged nikhil.

"Thank you that you came", dev said hugging him.

Nikhil released the hug and faked a smile. He was really feeling hurt. He wanted to marry Palak but now he was stuck in an unwanted relationship with a girl whom he doesn't love.

"Nikhil, when will bhabhi come??", dev asked.

"She was busy in some work but she will arrive soon", he answered.

"You enjoy yourself", palak said and pulled dev. She took him to introduce him to her other friends.

Nikhil went to the bar and drank a shot. His gaze was fixed on Palak. He was very jealous of Dev.

Suddenly he looked at the entrance. Avantika had arrived. She was looking mesmerising. She had wore a black mermaid gown and a red jacket over it which kept her look casual. Her hairs flunged open and red pencil heels.

He almost forgot about Palak. His whole focus was on avantika.

Nikhil kept on staring her and slowly went towards her. While, Avantika's eyes were searching for nikhil everywhere.

"Ohh nikhil!! Here you are! I was trying to call you but you weren't picking it up", she said.

"It's so much noise here..that's why", he said.

"I understand", she said nodding her head.

"You are looking breath-taking", he said looking straight into her eyes.

"Thanks", she replied shyly. They shared an eye lock but avantika being shy, looked down.

"Let's go", he said bringing his hand forward.