47. 2am

George stared at the bright flames in front of him. Ginny was to his right, waiting for him to say something, but on his other side, Cosette was holding her breath as she waited to see what would come out of his mouth.

He shouldn't have been surprised that she called. Lottie said she would ring him when she got to her hotel and must have assumed he was here when he didn't answer at his flat.

Regardless, he didn't want to talk to Lottie. Not after he had just finished telling Cosette that he was done with her. George couldn't necessarily get up and walk into the burrow to have a conversation with her, it would only make Cosette think the worst.

"Tell her I'll call her back tomorrow," George looked up at Ginny who rolled her eyes at his response, but didn't question it as she headed back to the burrow.

George turned his head and caught a glimpse of Cosette's faint smile as she stared ahead and looked into the fire as well.

"Do you think wands are that flammable?" She quietly asked, noticing how fast the end of the stick George was holding had gone up in flames. George's head dropped as he chuckled at her question. He could tell this was her way of moving on from the topic of Lottie, seeing as neither one of them wanted to address it.

"No, Setty," George shook his head. "I doubt they're flammable."

"Have you tested it?"

"Why would I purposely try to set my wand on fire?" George asked and watched as Cosette reached into the front pocket of her jumper, pulling out her wand.

She sat forward a bit and right as she went to place the tip of her wand into the fire, George snatched it out of her hands.

"What the hell are you doing?" Hermione's voice caused both of their heads to snap up from the other side of the firepit. She had seen Cosette try to stick her wand into the flames and wondered why she would have been tempted to do that.

"Are wands flammable?" Cosette asked the same question to Hermione, who had an answer opposite of George's.

"Of course they are," she said. "They're made of wood."

"But they're made with magic," George pointed out. "Surely there's some sort of protection on them."

"That's like saying we're fireproof because we're wizards," Ginny stated, having come back from the burrow with a bag of chips. She was taking Hermione's side on the topic as she sat down next to her. "I'm sure it's not as flammable as a branch off of a tree, but it would still burn eventually."

"That doesn't make any sense," Harry interjected now and everyone looked towards him, so he cleared his throat and continued on with his argument. "Wands have the ability to conjure flames, 'Mione you did it earlier. If the wand itself was flammable, surely it would catch fire at the use of Incendio."

All sets of eyes went back to Hermione, waiting for her to respond. There was no doubt that she was the smartest person among them and if by chance she was wrong about this, she'd never hear the end of it.

"They're made of wood," Hermione stated again, sticking to her original fact, but she didn't sound as confident this time around.

"I think I'm on team Harry," George chuckled but Ron nodded in agreement. Ginny looked between her brothers in disbelief before shaking her head.

"Hermione's right about this," Ginny said. "Setty, what do you think?"

Cosette was the one who sparked this debate in the first place, but she didn't have a clue who was right.

"I think we need to put it to the test," Cosette grinned, taking her wand back from George. "But we should make this interesting."

"Losers make breakfast in the morning," Ron suggested and it wasn't a surprise to anyone that his idea involved food, but everyone agreed and Cosette dropped her wand to the firepit.