| n i n e |

'my study partner for this stupid project is coming over so be at your best behavior, thanks'

'be at my best behavior? what the fuck? am i a dog or some shit?'

and what a treat jaemin's study partner was. if you knew what you were getting yourself involved with, you had spent the day somewhere else - oh, how you wished you had not been home that day.

"jieun this is my roommate, y/n. y/n this is my project partner, jieun." you offered your new guest a smile, already having a icky feeling from the one she had offered you back. it wasn't even a real smile, her lips only curled up in one side, and as she did it, her eyebrows moved up. it was one of those awkward smiles you gave to people you didn't really wanna see out on the streets. oh, you wished you hadn't played it off as nervousness and you wish you had just stayed in your own room for the rest of the day..

"it's so nice to meet you, i can't even imagine having to do a college project with this jackass, i wish you the best of luck." it was meant as a lighthearted joke to make the guest laugh or at least giggle or at the very least smile! at your words jaemin only scoffed, biting back with the following words, "oh shut it, at least i didn't need help with pe."

jieun giggled at that. something about her didn't feel right, but yet again you brushed it off as nervousness. if you had to be honest, you'd probably be pretty dang nervous if you were in her shoes, but as you continued to have interactions with her throughout the day, you realized what she felt towards you wasn't nervousness. no, no, it was disgust.

"you've walked past my dirty mug like three times already, can't you just take it to the kitchen already? this fucking pigsty you call a home is giving me chills." as soon as jaemin was gone, leaving you with jieun as he went to the bathroom, she showed her true colors.

"excuse me?"

"are you deaf too? not only are you a cheap whore, letting a great boy like jaemin live with you, but you're also deaf?" jieun clicked her tongue, pushing her mug towards you before she continued to type away on her computer. blinking at the mug she had pushed towards you, you scoffed, turning around to go to the kitchen without it - what she thought about your home didn't matter. if she really was disgusted by it, then maybe you'd be lucky enough to never see her again.

"oh, jaemin! i was just telling y/n how sweet she was to offer to clean up and take our mugs to the kitchen." that bitch. you pressed your lips together as you heard jaemin reply as he sat down in his seat beside jieun again, "wow, really. thanks doll."

mumbling under your breath that it wasn't a problem, you quickly snatched their mugs, only to almost throw them in the sink. only almost throw them, because you didn't actually want them to break, but you were still pissed off. you wanted to bang your head against against the wall, because giving in to what she was asking you to do was not what you wanted to do, and you weren't even quite sure why you had done it when you just could've left the mugs on the table. maybe it was because jaemin had asked you to behave. but since when did you listen to him? you covered your face only to quietly groan into your hands.

"are the two of you, you know, in a relationship or something?" you couldn't see jaemin's reaction but from her next words you guessed he made a weird face at her assumption, because she quickly explained, "it's just, i usually don't see people call others affectionate nicknames unless they're a thing."

silence. that was definitely not a good sign, you thought. you heard jaemin sigh loudly, definitely trying to catch your attention with the noise. you didn't answer in any way, instead you leaned against the kitchen counter, waiting for him to say what he wanted to.

"hmm, hey y/n, we're not in a relationship, right?" you raised your eyebrows. yes, you had heard her ask that question, but in a way you had thought jaemin would just deny it, maybe mix in a couple of insults towards you as well. instead he asked you that. what were you to say? no? that wouldn't be a clear enough message. hell no? nah that wouldn't do it either. instead you went with the following words, "i'd rather stab myself."

it was quiet for a few moments, and you pushed yourself off the counted and walked back towards them, arriving just in time to hear jaemin tell jieun,
"well it could've been worse."

you smiled at the two before putting up five fingers. "five times. i'd rather stab myself five times." you only received a glare in response.

"so that means you're available?" came the sudden question from a purring jieun, her hand resting on jaemin's shoulder. she leaned in closer to him, her breasts getting pushed up against his arm, and the weird sight had you raising your eyebrows and biting your tongue to refrain from laughing. he cleared his throat, pushing her hand off him, before answering her question, "yeah, i guess."

"i'm joking, i'm joking! i'm not gonna steal you away from y/n." she giggled, raising her hands. you let out a laugh before gesturing to jaemin with both your hands, "oh, please do."

"you wound me." jaemin frowned, placing his hands over his heart to act as if what you said actually hurt him.

"good." jieun rolled her eyes at you and you narrowed your own at her. after having rolled her eyes, she stared into your narrow ones, hers turning smaller as well as she copied the look on your face. jaemin sat awkwardly beside jieun, not sure whether he should say something or let the two of you do.. whatever the two of you were doing. jaemin cleared his throat, and it snapped jieun out of it. she cleared her throat as well, smiling at jaemin before looking back at you, "anyways, we should probably continue, so if you wouldn't mind, could you leave us alone?"

"my pleasure." you replied turning around to leave the two alone, only to turn around again as she called your name.

"y/n, actually, before you leave would you mind pouring me another cup of coffee? thank you. i really need the energy when i am as active as i am throughout the day. like, did you know i do quite a lot of sport, jaemin?" once again you had to bite down to keep yourself from laughing, because what the fuck? you pressed your lips together and nodded slowly, directing your next question towards the boy who was furrowing his eyebrows at the random question, "has this anything to do with your project?"

"be nice." jaemin eyed you. you shrugged, "i am. i'm getting you two coffee."

"i didn't ask for coffee."

"but unfortunately, i know you."

"i- fine. get me a cup." you almost felt pride in you as she glared at you, obviously hating the way you and jaemin 'got along'.

"slut." it was a mumble. how jaemin hadn't heard the insult leave jieun's mouth was a mystery, but the most he had heard right then was just a sound coming from her. he turned to look at her, "hm?"

"sorry, i had something in my throat." jaemin believed her.