abracadabra - STEPHEN STRANGE [A]

TITLE — ABRACADABRA

status: available
faceclaim: minka kelly*
oc: renata ciotti
planet origin: earth
love interest: stephen strange
first appearance: doctor strange
last appearance: tbd

status: availablefaceclaim: minka kelly*oc: renata ciotti planet origin: earthlove interest: stephen strange first appearance: doctor strange last appearance: tbd

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

RENATA CIOTTI WAS A BUNDLE of pure joy.

Well, that was before she was shot and left for dead.

She had always known that being a journalist could be a dangerous job. Many don't believe that writing was as deadly as being on the force, but every reporter out there knew differently. Because bringing to light dark and gruesome secrets that some wanted to keep hidden puts a target on your back and unluckily for Renata Ciotti, the one on hers was rapidly growing.

Wilson Fisk had been secretly tormenting their city whilst wearing a mask of kindness and generosity, but Renata saw through it as easily as glass. That made her a threat in the eyes of the man who was desperate to uphold his reputation and status as Kingpin of both the criminal underworld and the thriving society above. Renata hated how he got away with it, how the city fell for his persuasive charms, so she made it her duty to bring his true colours into the light.

But she dug too far and the repercussions were devastating.

It was dark the night it happened. There were no stars to guide the way, no stars to offer hope or joy, the sky was an ominous void, like a poisoned soul. Renata was driving home from work before she was jumped by a man wearing a ski mask and brandishing a gun. He had ordered her to get out of the car, which she did both calmly and carefully to ensure that no one would get hurt. But it didn't matter, because he shot her anyway.

The police found her almost ten minutes later, bleeding out in the middle of the road with a bullet wound to the stomach. Originally they thought it was a robbery gone bad until they found her car torched a few blocks away to rid it of any evidence left behind, then they had to reconsider. But no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't find the shooter and the case went cold.

Recovery wasn't easy for Renata Ciotti, the bullet had done some serious muscle damage to her side, causing problems with her mobility. However, it didn't matter what was thrown her way, she pushed through it and wasn't going to let her injury slow her down.

When Renata hears the whispers and rumours of a sacred place that took in the broken, the weak, she set out in search of it. The promise of her shattered pieces finally being fixed was something she couldn't pass up, but she never expected to find her true purpose there. She never expected for Kamar-Taj to become her home.