37

"Babe, I know we said that we were hungry....but is all this really necessary?" Jeno asked as he scratched his head.

The boys looked at the many different desserts and sandwiches that decorated their table. They weren't exactly expecting this much food when they had called their girlfriend after their lectures.

Truthfully speaking, the boys were exaggerating when they complained about being hungry. Obviously telling Jieun that they were "about to die from lack of food" wasn't the best idea they had come up with.

"Oh? But if you're as hungry as you said, then all of this should be nothing." Jieun said with a raised eyebrow and a cheeky smile. The young girl was in the middle of her shift at the cafe when the boys had called her.

"Besides, Mr. and Mrs. Kang would be very disappointed if you guys didn't finish everything." She said, adding to the fire, before quickly rushing away to make another table's order.

The boys were left in silence for a while before Jaemin spoke up.

"Well, she's obviously been spending way too much time with Haechan." He said as he looked at the slightly older boy accusingly.

"What?! I spent one night with her!" Haechan said in disbelief.

"One night with you is enough to change anybody, huyng." Jisung said as he shook his head in fake disappointment.

"Oh don't start with me, Mr. I Made Jieun Cry." The older boy said sourly.

"That was an accident-"

"Anywayyy, we should probably get started if we want to finish this anytime soon." Chenle added quickly, before the conversation could turn into a fight.

"He's right. Oh hey, did you ever figure out who called Jieun that night?" Renjun asked Haechan as he reached for a sandwich.

They were really shaken after the wave of shock that rippled through their soulmate bond that night. Both Jieun and Haechan's phones started to ring, just to make sure that nothing had happened to them. After assuring the others that they were fine, Haechan tried to inquire about Jieun's mystery phone call.

But no matter how many times he asked her, the girl simply smiled, gave him a quick kiss on the lips and then said everything was fine. Of course, Haechan being the person he is, could only take so many kisses before he realized that he was fighting a losing battle.

However after the whole situation, there was no distress within the bond, just a flow of happiness. Knowing this, the boys didn't want to push Jieun for anymore answers.

"Nope." Haechan muffled, a croissant already in his mouth.

The boys let out a collective sigh, but before they could be surprised at their synchronization, a shouting Jieun interrupted.

"I HAVE DRINKS IN MY HANDS PLEASE DONT HUG ME!" The girl said loudly before the boy in front of her could do anything.

They stared at her in shock. The boy who had tried to hug her before had his arms spread out in preparation but pouted after the shock wore away.

"Noona! It's just a hug, it's not like I was going to strangle you!" He said, deflating like a puppy.

"You idiot, Jieun noona probably feels like she's getting strangled every time you try to hug her." The second, and older, boy said snaking his arm around the other boy's neck before pulling him into a playful chokehold.

Jieun chuckled when she felt her heart calm down, the expression on the boy's face reminding her of Haechan.

Oh.