09

CHAPTER NINE ;
GOODBYE

"So as I was saying, it was very rude of you to throw me across the room like that y'know? Not only that you won't answer me at all!" I complained at the curse that was sitting down cross-legged with his chin propped onto his hand just staring at me like a wierdo.

"Soooo... Care to have the decency to ANSWER ME?! OR EXPLAIN WHY ITADORI ISN'T...WELL ITADORI!"

Again, Sukuna just looked at me with a dumb looking face on his face that I wanted to smack right off. I clenched by hands into fists out of pure frustration.

I walked closer to him until I was right in front of him and he gave me a quizzical look. I inwardly smirked at his cluelessness of what I was about to do it.

My feet

Were in range

Of his shins

And no one enjoys being kicked in the shins.

"OFFER YOUR SHINS TO ME!" I cackled evily whilst imitating his deep voice. Right after I said that I stomped on his shins simultaneously.

I saw him cringe in pain and I started giggling manically at my success. He brushed it off wickedly fast though and got up with a huff.

"I haven't got time for this, I'm gonna find someone else to talk to. By the way Itadori will probably never come back. Talk to you soon... Or maybe not"

And with that he dissappeared. Into thin air. Like pOoF. I stood there in shock which soon turned into anger.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!? HE DIDN'T HE EVEN TALK BACK TO ME!" I heard some aggressive squeaking at my feet and looked down to see Rock Muncher.

I had checked him for injuries and he seemed unscathed. I presume it was because he jumped out before I was backhanded into the wall.

I did try to get Sukuna to apologise to him

﹌﹌﹌

"SAY SORRY YOU BASTARD!" I held Rock Muncher up to the curses face but he didn't seem fazed at all.

I nudged the rat slightly, "do the puppy eyes" I whispered very discretely to him and he turned to the curse again and expanded his eye to an alarming speed.

Again, Sukuna just looked at it unimpressed and waved it off with the turn of his head. I looked at him in disbelief before screaming in a high pitched manner out of nowhere to scare him out if spite.

﹌﹌﹌

I held my palm out to the small friend and he climbed into it and soon scrambled onto my shoulder like some kind of make shift parrot.

"I'm so gonna kill him when I see him again"

Rock Muncher squeaked in reply, which I took as a yes and I put my hand forward like we were on some kind of crusade

"ONWARDSSS!"

﹌﹌﹌

It took a while but miraculously we found our way to the front. The sky was still gloomy but the unfinished domain was gone giving a few sheds of light.

'oh yeah, I forgot that curse existed'

I followed the large path only to come across the one of the many things I didn't want to see.

blood

not just a small amount either

a pool of blood, and in the centre layed a heart.

'maybe a doctor did an emergency heart transplant...out in the open...in front of a dangerous prison...'

As my thoughts raced on, trying to reassure itself, I didn't fail to notice the smoke and large noises coming from the various houses and other buildings.

My legs started to speed up against their will straight towards the sight that looked like it had been torn apart.

I came across lots of rubble and a few craters. I knew really who was doing it, but I didn't want to face the reality of it all.

'Did Fushiguro get Kugisaki out safely? Are they alright?'

The loud noises that had come from the buildings had stopped as I followed the only evidence I had of some kind of destruction.

'pleasebefinepleasebefinepleasebefinepleasebefinepleasebefinepleasebefinepleasebefine'

I chanted in my head as I rounded a corner to see a dingy looking warehouse. I saw two figures and it gave me some sense of relief. However, it was extinguished just as fast at the feeling rushed over me.

As soon as I got there, a pool of blood started to flood from a certain pink haired boy. The tattoos were gone but the colour was draining from him rapidly.

'the heart...'

As my running turned into a full sprint out of desperation I saw Fushiguro's face darken only increasing the fear.

'was his...?'

Just as I got there, Itadori fell forward onto the hard concrete that was now stained red. I stopped dead in my tracks out of pure shock.

His chest wasn't rising. I couldn't hear his breathing. His headtbeat had stopped as well. No matter how much I tried to concentrate my hearing, I couldn't hear anything.

'But I thought... We were getting out alive? All of us? Together?'

══════════════════

ROCK MUNCHER LIVESSSSSS!!!!!!

I don't know whether I'm good at writing angst or not lol sorry if it's bad.

I'm also gonna take a small haitus so I can enjoy my break and prepare for this presentation I have when I go back to school. It's giving me really bad anxiety 😀. I will be writing chapters though I just won't be updating books for about a week. I hope you understand :).

[not edited]

[916 words in total]