43 | Elvira

Song listed at the top: You Broke Me First by Tate (slowed and reverb) Put it on for better experience;)

Trust. One word. Put some of it in me. 👍🏼😃

Pain can be bearable when you want to deal with it for something that matters

And then, it can be unbearable when it threatens your life beyond control. 

Waking up to dim darkness where all I can see is just the outline of what looks like a hospital room makes me think of how long I bared the pain till I couldn't anymore. 

With an aching headache rising, I blink trying to adjust to a soft door clicking open before shutting, the outside bright white light hitting me right in the eyes. 

I watch as the silhouette of the person moves from the door to the sofa in the right corner of the room. It's a man looking at his height and hair, he slumps in the sofa with a tired sigh before he drops his head in his hands, running a hand down the side of his face, he looks up at the ceiling before glancing at me.

My eyes flutter closed not wanting him, whoever he is, to know I am awake. 

I just want this peace, this silence slightly longer. 

"I cannot repeat this enough and I don't even know if I will ever stop. I am so sorry Elvira," my heart races hearing his deep voice again filled with pain. Guilt spilling out from each word he is speaking.

His words hit me right in the heart. One that is cracked.

I hear the beeping of the heart monitor go faster but I don't care. I don't want to open my eyes. I take deep breaths calming myself down. Tears threaten to spill out from my eyes as I try my best to stop them from spilling. 

"I can't see you like this. I don't know why I did what I did. But know whatever I did, was for you. For your safety. To keep you from being tied to a nightmare that haunted you every day. But God was it wrong." His voice breaks at the end. 

"Ask me about being in love. Ask me about being so mad in love that I couldn't stay away from you despite what I did. Because if I don't have you with me, what is there left of life for me? What am I without you?" His voice drops to a whisper as if saying too loudly would make it a reality.

Don't you know you mean just as much to me? 

I want to tell him this but I don't. 

He broke my trust, played with me and then left me to get myself together. 

"You wouldn't even forgive me, but believe me when I say I won't let you go so easily," I feel a cold hand touch my warm one making my fingers jerk but I don't think he even notices. 

I can feel his presence here, right next to me and it hurts to know that I can't hug him and tell him I forgive him. That we can leave all this behind and continue with our lives. Be happy together.