Chapter 3- Lady Caine

"What do you mean Rapunzel's gone?" I ask in horror.

"Rapunzel's not in her room and I can't find her!"

"Well, we'd better find her then! The coronation is tomorrow!"

"What do you mean we?" Eugene skeptically asks.

"I'm going to help you look for her. Besides, we'll have a better chance at finding her if we split up."

"Alright, fine. Let's get going then."

I hop up from my bed, grab my night robe, and follow Eugene out of my room. He quickly checks the halls to make sure the coast is clear, and then we sneak out.

"Where to first?" I whisper, making sure nobody could hear us.

"I'll take the eastern hall, you take the southern hall. Let's meet back here in an hour."

"Got it." I run off, and slowly open each door, peek inside, and then call for Rapunzel. The hallways of the castle were incredibly long, and all of the doors looked the exact same. But even with all that, I still had every hallway, statue, and painting memorized, so it wasn't too hard to find my way around.

I open one of the doors and call out for Rapunzel. One of the guards walks up to me. "Princess (yn)? What are you doing out this late?"

"Ohh uh...my rabbit got hungry and I...I uh...was hoping to find some treats for her!! Yup! Treats!"

"Oh! Why don't you check the kitchen?"

"Ah haha! The kitchen! Of course! Silly me!" I chuckle, darting off.

:-:-:-:-:-:

"Have you found her?" I frantically ask, running up to Eugene.

"No, I have not! I have no idea where she is, have you found her?!" Eugene asks, shaking my shoulders.

"No! If I found her I wouldn't be asking you if you found her!" I nervously whisper.

"Alright, I'll keep looking, and you go wait in her room to see if she comes back," Eugene says, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Got it," I say, darting off to Rapunzel's room.

As I approach Pete and Stan(who were arguing as usual) I straighten my back and try to look intimidating.

Pete glances at me. "Princess (yn)? What are you doing here?"

"My sister left one of her jars of paint in my room. I just know how she likes to paint when she's upset. It would be a real shame if I wasn't allowed in and Rapunzel only became sadder because she didn't have access to all of her paints..." I say, holding out a jar of paint.

"Uh, you can enter," Stan says, stepping to the side.

"Thank you."

The two guards open the doors and I walk into the dark bedroom. I sit down on Rapunzel's bed and wait. And fall asleep shortly after.

....

"Just cut it!"

"Alright alright....uh oh."

"What do you mean 'uh oh?' There shouldn't be any 'uh ohs.'"

My eyes flutter open and I sit up in the bed. The morning sunlight was shining through the windows, and I could hear birds chirping outside. Shoot... I think to myself. I totally fell asleep...

I look around the room and my jaw drops. I quickly rub my eyes but I still see the same thing. Rapunzel was standing in the room, with seventy feet of long blonde hair. Cassandra was rapidly trying to cut it, but every tool she used only broke.