//The Sleepover (1)//

Sup homies.

-----

~About 6 weeks after Y/N encountered Cozbi~

I reached up to unbuckle my mask as I gripped the doorhandle to my room, pulling it open slightly.

"Wassup shawty!" I blinked in surprise, freezing in place, and caught sight of a small group of cloaked demons laying sprawled on my bed and hanging about the room. X waved to me excitedly as I stood in shock.

"Wha-" I stuttered, eyes wide, quickly re-securing my mask.

"Oh, Y/N!" A familiar voice exclaimed and I turned to none other than Cozbi. "Your friend Y here let us in!"

I turned back to X slowly with an unimpressed stare, both at the alias they had chosen for themselves, and the sheer audacity of the situation. "No problem!" I grinned, walking into the room, contrary to my thoughts. "Could you guys do me a favour and leave for a moment so I can speak to her?"

"Of course!" Cozbi stood up, and behind her followed 4 demons, 2 of which being taller and around our age, while two others were younger and shorter- neither of them could be over 10 years old.

As soon as the door closed, I turned to X with a hiss. "What the hell?! I live in this room! It probably reeks of human-!! And I just came back from training, so I'm sweaty and gross-"

"No biggie, Y/N." X grinned. "Mujika set a burning candle in here as soon as they arrived. Throughout the castle, too. Also, she's finished the outfit you requested. The gloves, as well."

I let out a strained sigh of relief, before groaning. "...Okay. You pass this time." I walked towards my desk and pulled out the clothes that Mujika had laid there, before pushing X out of the room.

"Oh, and there's a pack of herbs there for you-" X explained while I shoved them out of the room. "Eat a leaf and it'll remove your human odour for the next 24 hours. There are more specific instructions inside."

I blinked and took the small rectangular pouch from X, opening it slightly to glance inside as I spoke. "Uh- thanks, I guess?" I closed the pouch and stuck it in my pocket.

"I know." X grinned. "I'm the best. Also, if you'd like to be accurate, she/her pronouns today, hun." The demon then briskly left the room without another word.

I stood there, dumbfounded for a moment, before remembering about the small group of demons I was keeping waiting.

I changed quickly, sticking a piece of the herb under my mouth while I did so. Inside the folded clothes, a new mask was included, and I gave a small grin. "Mujika really outdid herself this time..."

The outfit was a masterpiece in its own right- Even while covering me from head to toe, it was breathable and light- not nearly as suffocating as the old one. The outfit came with gloves made with care by Mujika, which were modified with wooden pieces to lengthen my fingers- and give me an extra one, along with enlarging my knuckles, to better resemble those of Demon anatomy.

And then there was the mask, which had been created to resemble Sonju's- with eye slits instead of vertical eyeholes holes, like Mujika's had, considering that my eyes were not, in fact, vertical, by using a mask modelled after Sonju's, I could see much better.

Since half of the problem was me eating; I had to push my old mask up, and then my very-clearly human lower face would be exposed. To solve this, we'd considered a number of solutions together. What ended up being our decision, despite Sonju's input of "Just don't eat then." Was designing the mask so the bottom area of the mask around my mouth could be pushed up, while underneath the mask, connected to the sides around my ear-area, was a piece of cloth that draped down below my chin. By eating under this cloth, I would rather-easily conceal my facial features from discovery.