XIX

Jungkook stepped into his quiet apartment, completely silent and alone, drowned in an ocean of darkness

Jungkook stepped into his quiet apartment, completely silent and alone, drowned in an ocean of darkness. He flipped on the living room lights as he kicked off his shoes beside the door. The door closed and locked behind him as he carefully made his way to his kitchen. Jungkook was just on the border of falling apart in a crumbling mess.

So he might as well be drunk while it happens.

Jungkook reaches into his fridge on the door and grabs a mostly full bottle of soju, his fingers wrapping carefully around the neck of the bottle. He pushed the door of the fridge closed with his foot and popped open the top of the bottle before pressing the cold rim to his lips.

The emotions flowed with the alcohol and Jungkook felt all the suppressed sadness and pity and anger come out in the form of thick tears. They roll down his cheeks and wet his skin before dripping from his chin onto the floor.

Jungkook drank the sweet yet simultaneously bitter liquid like it would make him happy, like he'd find comfort at the bottom of it. He tilted his head back and gulped down the alcohol so feverishly he might choke on it.

With each sip he took, the pain subdued until he felt nothing. When that bottle was gone, he went into the fridge and grabbed another one. He didn't want to feel anymore. He wanted to be in that constantly emotionless state that everyone expected him to be in. It was easier that way, to have no emotions to tear you down over and over again.

Jungkook stumbled his way to the living room, nearly tripping over his own feet on his way there. His hand gripped the neck of the bottle so tight, he thought it was going to shatter in his hand. He lifted it back to his lips and took another sip as he flopped down on his couch.

Jungkook thought about how much he missed the feeling of being with Iris. How happy he was when she would put forth the effort to help him, to show she was pleased with him, when she'd hum in delight at his food. How he'd giggle to himself like a little school girl when she would playfully flirt with him back. He felt like he could emote when he was with her, express himself in a way that wasn't going to lead to his downfall.

The numbness was quickly fading and the heartache was becoming more and more evident. Spending more than 2 weeks pretending that they never even knew each other in the first place was taking its toll on Jungkook's heart. He drank even more, wanting to take away the heartache.

The more he drank, the more he thought about Iris and the more he thought about her, the greater pain he felt.

Jungkook slammed his bottle down on the table and ran his finger through his hair, messing it up. It all hurt. He just needed someone, namely Iris to comfort him. That was all he wanted.

In his drunken mind, Jungkook came to the conclusion that he'd go to Iris, completely forgetting that they were on a break right now. He could only hope she doesn't turn him away, leaving Jungkook to suffocate and drown in his own tears.