Chapter 32

I watched and waited for Eren and Floch to stop their conversation, waving Floch over quietly as he looked away from Eren. Eren followed Floch's gaze to me and waved with a cute smile, I waved back and returned said smile.

Floch excused himself from the conversation and made his way over to me.

"What is it? If you don't mind, Eren and I were talking about our majors-"

"Okay, whatever. Anyway," I cut him off. He sighed as I spoke. "-you need to help the girls and I get Mikasa and Eren on a date."

"Fine." He sighed again just to emphasize how much he didn't want to assist us on our...quest. "Only because I owe it to you."

"Mhm." I nodded. "Reiner is one of his other good friends, right? Give me his number. I want to talk to him about Eren's interests."

Floch chuckled, "Yeah, but isn't Armin closer to Eren then Reiner?"

"....Fair point. I might have him tag along."

~~~~

Reiner was staring down quietly at his cup of coffee. I wasn't sure how to ask him about how Eren feels on Mikasa. I mean, Armin gave me his thoughts on it earlier. He told me not to force it, and to just let it happen naturally. I had to counter with a 'Well they're both idiots and too stubborn to do it themselves.'

....to which Armin agreed.

Armin held my hand underneath the table. I brought him cause he knows Eren better than Reiner and I do.

Plus, I'm playing on staying behind after Reiner goes to tell him about what occurred weeks ago. After we...

Armin must have noticed my shift in emotion because he squeezed my hand a bit, tilting my chin up and planting a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Go on." He smiled down at me and spoke in a hushed tone. "Ask him."

'God, he's the most perfect dude to exist. Ever. He's straight up like one of those wattpad boys.'

"So..." I cleared my voice before I spoke up. "I know we don't talk often but I was just wondering about...Eren."

Reiner stiffened up at the mention of his name, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"This isn't about the past lives now is it?" He looked....sad. He quickly became relieved when I shook my head no, though. "Oh thank God."

I laughed awkwardly. "Yeah...well. It's about Mikasa- more specifically, Eren's feelings about her."

Reiner made that one face white people do. You know, the one where your lips are pressed into a line? Yeah. That one.

"She likes him back, by the way." Armin chimed in.

"Oh. Well, in that case, yeah...I can tell you." He leaned back in his seat. "Eren does like her. When we go out to baseball games, he always makes sure to bring her something back. Icecream, the ball if caught, as well as those really expensive merch things."

I nodded slowly.

"So....theyre just dumb and don't know how to bring it up to one another?" Armin suggested.

"Wow, what on earth drew you to that conclusion?" I said sarcastically. The blonde boy shrugged his shoulders and sipped his complimentary coffee. That's pretty much what I told him before we got here.

"Do you think you could convince Eren to ask Mikasa out? You too, Armin." I gently nudged his arm. "I'll see what I can do with Mikasa, try and see if I can get her to ask him out as well."

Reiner cleaned up his area, preparing to go. "I'll ask- and thanks for the tea. It's...been pleasant." He always seemed a little awkward in conversations. He has this weird, dry, chuckle he lets out at the end of every sentence.

We shook hands, and after Reiner left, Armin moved to the other side of the table. "What is it you wanted to tell me?" He tilted his head cutely.

"Um...you know how we-"

Armin did that 'sex' gesture with his fingers. You know, the one where you put your index finger with the 'o' shape you create with your other hand. I giggled....but it soon faded back into a frown.

Armin is a great guy and I just know that one day, if the time ever comes, he'd make a great dad too. The thing is, I'm not too sure with how he'd react hearing that I did everything in my power to make sure I didn't have his kid.

Maybe he'd take it as 'Wow, she really dislikes me so much that she went through everything just to kill the possibility of us having a child together' ....y'know?

"(Y/N). You can tell me anything. I promise I won't get mad and throw my coffee at you.l

"Sasha was making me second guess..." I blurted out suddenly. He sat in silence for a few moments, thinking over what I had just said.

He frowned, glancing down at the mug in his hands. "I used a condom...you put it on—"

I quickly shushed him, he was talking way too loud.

"...anyway. You don't need to worry cause of it..."
He reached for my hand across the table and held it in his, turning the palm down and kissing the top.

"Plus, abortion is my specialty." He winked jokingly. I almost immediately burst out into laughter, I had to pull my hand back to muffle the sound of my own laugh, but he started to laugh as well, which made me laugh even harder.

"Oh, God, I fucking love you." I said suddenly, causing the both of us to freeze up.

The first time one of us has said it. We didn't even say it the first time we fucked..

I felt a bit embarrassed. I mean we both got quiet as hell. Maybe he doesn't feel the same.

'Oh God don't look at me...' I said internally, shifting my gaze down to my own beverage.

"I-I..." Armin finally spoke up. Despite my gut urging me not to, I looked up to him anyway. His cheeks were red, and he had a couple tears rolling down his cheeks. "I love you too, (Y/N). I really, really do..."

God, seeing him this way was so relieving...but seeing him cry made me want to cry as well.

I didn't know this would be so emotional. I've said it to my ex a million times, but none felt as real as this. Every time I look at blondie, I feel all giddy and excited inside. I just wanna hold his hands, play with his pretty hair, hold him...all that mushy-lovey-dovey stuff.

"I'm glad we met at The Library." I admitted, not once breaking eye contact with him. "My life has been just perfect ever since."

"I can't even picture spending it with someone else. You're all I want, (Y/N). With you, I feel al-oh. I don't wanna sound all cheesy and dumb..." He sighed out. Part of me wanted to hear what he had to say, but the other half was glad I didn't hear it. "Let's head back to the dorms, yeah?"

"Alright."