sixty four

~*~*~

~*~*~

"brothers again?"

~*~*~

regulus sat wherever james gestured for him to, he felt sort of uncomfortable and he didn't realise remus would be here too. not that he didn't like him, he did and thought he was a very good man for his brother, he did get regulus' approval, not that it mattered.

"i was hoping to just talk to you," said regulus as he pulled his jacket off, "y'know, about us and stuff."

"we'll go," said remus, getting up and pulling his jacket on, "james, c'mon."

"oh, alright," said james, getting himself up form the sofa with a struggle, as he just wanted to sleep a little longer but now he was getting pulled from another place of potential slumber.

regulus waited until the door closed to get up from his seat and hug his brother who was sat on the sofa. sirius sighed as he pulled his brother down to sit and hug him, for the first time in so long, he was hugging his brother like they always did and he clung and clung to him, scared incase he'd never get this opportunity again.

"you don't know how long i've waited for you to do this," said sirius, continuing to hug his brother, "i wanted to hug you and make up but i didn't think you wanted me to. i figured you'd want to come to me."

"i'm sorry for letting my feelings get in the way of us for so long," said regulus as he let go of his brother so he could look him in the face as he apologised and took accountability for his part in their broken relationship, "i should've told you how hurt i was so we could make up sooner."

"i shouldn't have left, at least, i shouldn't have left you there knowing how bad it was. it was so incredibly selfish and stupid of me to assume you'd be fine because you were mum and dad's favourite," said sirius genuinely, it made making up with him easier because he understood and rather than turning it around on regulus and bash him for not coming with him, "i shouldn't have made you feel bad or guilty for not coming with me, i am the big brother, i shouldn't have put you in that position. i'm sorry, reg, and i'm sorry you felt like you could talk to james about your problems rather than me."

"i didn't really talk to james about my problems, i didn't see the point in telling him stuff i should he telling you," said regulus, "i just told him what you already know. it's not that i trust him more than you, it's not, he just didn't hurt me, he wasn't the problem. i actually thanked him for being such a good friend to you, such a good friend that the first place you went was his, without hesitation."

"brothers again?" asked sirius, holding out his hand as if regulus should shake it, making their rekindled brotherhood official.