037

november 3rd, 2020
12:42 pm

SUNDAY DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO CLASS

She wanted to continue to hide in her dorm room from the world.

She had been safe in her head and in her Louisville home all weekend but now it was time to return to the mess she created.

A boisterous knock at the door caused Sunday to raise her head from the pillow, confused at who would be knocking.

"Sunday?" Danielle's voice sounded outside the door, "Sunny? Are you okay? Can I come in?"

Sunday hesitated then swung her legs over the bed to walk over and open the door.

Danielle had a worried look on her face, "Look, I know that you and Maya are kinda going through it right now and I don't know how you feel about me right now but I feel like something's off. I saw B.J without you in sight yesterday which is weird. Are you two good?"

Sunday pursed her lips then sighed, "Me and you are good and everything so I hope you don't take it the wrong way when I say this. You and Maya are just too close. I don't know if I can trust you not to run to her with anything."

Danielle nodded slowly, "I... I understand that. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"I will be." Sunday affirmed.

The sound of her phone's alarm sounding caused both girls to look at the bed where Sunday had left it.

"I need to get ready for my film class." Sunday explained.

"Okay," Danielle said in a quiet tone, "I'll see you around."

Sunday closed the door then braced her back against it.

Going would mean seeing Brandon and she wasn't sure that she was ready for that.

On the other hand, Sunday was not one to be lazy with her academics.

With that thought in mind, Sunday pursed her lips once more and began to get dressed.

She had slowed her usual pace to the academic building that held the class that they shared together.

When Sunday got to the threshold of the classroom, the class was already half full but Brandon's usual seat remained empty.

She let a silent breath of relief loose as she sat in the seat before his then frowned, wondering if she should choose another seat in case Brandon had decided to come to class.