Chapter 23

Lauren's POV

"Home sweet home mama.. wow.. I haven't been here in what? Months?"

Emma laughed as she stepped inside of my front door accompanying me home early before Camila finished her day, her little surprise book making an appearance more than making the nights plans for me much too my previously planned relax session..

"Feels like it? You know how it is.. business as usual!"

"You say that.. I know really you just prefer being alone now! Well.. until Miss Camila came along.."

She smiled sinking down against one of the chairs beside the counter blatantly calling me out on my retraction from having her stay over almost every night of my busy chaotic week..

"Nothing like privacy Emma! Besides, Camila is company right now.. I like having her around, I feel like we're getting somewhere finally!"

"Well I'm glad you feel that way! She'a special and so are you.. really special!"

I hated her soft voice sometimes, it warmed my stomach and sent butterflies into my spine.. even when I didn't want them to arrive they did, leaving me with nothing but an adoring stare right back at those powerful glimmering eyes..

"Special.. really?"

"Yeah Lauren? You preach this problematic behavioural front when actually you care harder than anyone I've ever met? Hey.. you remember that time I fell and scraped my knee, you dressed and cleaned it before buying me coffee?"

"You were hurt Emma.."

"That's my point! You are special! Even if you don't feel like admitting it!"

She beamed sipping back on the water beside her while I only stared back wondering what wonders I had performed in order to obtain such a beautiful person within my life? She had confused me at first, I wasn't entirely interested in her in all honesty but quickly I understood that she had more purpose in life than proving herself to others.. she was a genuine soul that differed from many others in my life? Most just pledged to take me down and run over me while she only wanted to be my friend.. I'd never experienced that before ever..

"Camila is special.. not me! She's so complicated and unique, everyone including me judged her on her attitude but I don't know? She's different?"

"She needs to be nurtured Lauren.. like a rescue puppy almost? Teach her things and make her feel loved.. she bites but that's because she's afraid.. not unfixable"

Another thing to note about Emma was that she was always right! Every word that escaped her mouth was useful and interesting.. that confused me too! So many people in the industry just talked utter bullshit but she never did.. if I had a problem she'd listen.. talk to me!

"I'm afraid too.. of hurting her! But I guess she probably feels the same.." I trailed off

"I can guarantee she does Lo.. but just stay positive.. hold her like you would want to be held yourself.. you've got this?"

She reassured grabbing for my palm instantly sending a shiver into my spine as I pulled back subtly but more so anxiously into my own body.. my feelings for Emma had taken a strange turn around a year ago now, she'd come over and watch movies, talk on the phone even simply text with me when I was bored.. each word spoken or typed left a print on my heart I hadn't realised until I was left alone.. no one to talk to.. no one to listen to.. I craved her.. her voice and her presence.. it terrified me..

"Thanks.."

I spoke back bluntly, offering up a timid smile as she stood to leave after promising to pick up Camila.. I felt bad not getting her myself.. but today wasn't the day I'd be telling her of how anxious I was in letting someone enter my personal bedroom.. I had a lot of anxieties.. this was but a strange one