Ch 302: My Good Friend

"The most powerful Abyssal Hunter" huh? It sounds like it has something to do with Skadi. She seems to fit the description. Kal'tsit is using Skadi as a bargaining chip, which Lin Ye did not expect.

"The most fearsome Abyssal Hunters." Wei Yenwu beams "Do you mean the legendary swordsman who has the power to turn the tides? She is indeed the most powerful Abyssal Hunter, she certainly deserves the title."

"I have seen her and hired her before, but it's a shame that she just helped me complete a bounty and did not accept my offer," The old man says in the video conference. I had no idea she'd end up in Rhodes Island. It's amazing. How did you manage to do it?"

"There's nothing extraordinary," Kal'tsit says lightly, "Because my island has a place that attracts her to stay, and there's a reason for her to stay"

Lin Ye, who is in the audience, is very interested in this. Although he had known Skadi was wonderful for a long time, the reactions he heard from others were quite different. What makes Skadi so great, and what is her secret? Lin Ye is perplexed.

Mansha can't sit still when she sees everyone praising Skadi and sneers, "Why does this matter? There's only a handful of Abyssal Hunters, that title is meaningless. Tsk."

Lin Ye may have thought that such a comment would be ignored, but Kal'tsit continues, "Our knowledge of Abyssal Hunters is still insufficient. After all, they are not the same as us. I also believe that there are more powerful people in places we don't know about. Of course, this implies that there will be more powerful unknown adversaries. But that isn't what we should be concerned about right now. All I care about right now is the present."

"Yes, and speaking of combat power, aren't Ursus' regular troops far more suited to this mission?" Mansha asks, looking into Kal'tsit's eyes. Wei Yenwu speaks first before Kal'tsit can.

"That's not what I said.", Wei Yenwu says with a smile, "For the treasures of the deep sea, we don't know that there will be anything guarding them. As a result, we require a guide. Furthermore, as far as I know, the general should not be able to mobilize a large number of people this time."

"Yes," Says Ursus' general, "After all, it's not in our territory, I can only offer limited assistance."

"So, why should we turn down Rhodes Island?"

"Moreover, in Rhodes Island, the person who has experience fighting against large creatures is not just the swordsman who can stir the tide," Wei Yenwu says.

"You are correct in your assessment. In this regard, we have several experienced operators like those," Kal'tsit adds.

Lin Ye reflected on Blue Poison and what Orchid had said to him this afternoon.

An operator with experience fighting large creatures, huh?

Who are the Abyssal Hunters? Lin Ye remembered Messiah's warning to him not to approach the deep sea because there are monsters in the deep sea far more powerful than Messiah. So, are the so-called Abyssal Hunters on the lookout for such monsters? In other words, Skadi's adversaries are monsters stronger than Messiah? That's far too frightening. Lin Ye couldn't help but be concerned for her.

"Even so, I still refuse to allow Rhodes Island to join." Seeing that the situation is not favourable to her, Mansha speaks up once more, "I admit that Rhodes Island has a few operators who may be able to assist us, but it is only limited assistance." After all, we have Abyssal Hunters and Pathfinders as well. We don't need as many people involved in this. So, in comparison to Rhodes Island, I would prefer to allow another party to join."

"Do you mean Karlan Trade?" Wei Yenwu inquires.

"Yes," Mansha nods, "The president of Karlan Trade, Enciodas Silverash, has just obtained all of Kjerag's power. Now is the time to take on a major project. Everyone should be aware that the current Karlan Trade is the same as the country of Kjerag. As a result, whoever obtains the Karlan Trade also has control over the country of Kjerag. So, when compared to the few names on Rhode Island, it is irrelevant."

Mansha's words are powerful, and it can be said that the wind has shifted away from Rhode Island. The remaining partners are beginning to consider the significance of the Karlan Trade.

Mansha gradually restores her smile as she notices this. Lin Ye then looks at Kal'tsit, her eyes brimming with venom.

Lin Ye beats Wei Yenwu to the punch, "Why can't we join but the Karan Trade can if you don't find me asking?" Lin Ye asks.

"Oh, is there a problem, Doctor Ian?" Mansha asks, slightly raising the corner of her mouth, "There aren't that many treasure houses in the deep sea." If more people join, each party will receive less. The difference between one-fourth and one-fifth is not insignificant."

"Ah, I see." Lin Ye nodded, "Then I understand, as long as I persuade Karlan Trade to exit this project, we can join in, right?" Lin Ye nodded.

"Haha, Doctor Ian, are you making me laugh?" Mansha asks, smiling, "Who do you think you are? Can you persuade Karlan trade to leave? Do you think you'll be able to pull it off? Do you have any idea who Enciodas Silverash is? You are far too self-assured."

"That's not the case.", Lin Ye shakes his head, "I just know him"

"Does anyone know who he is? What's the point of just knowing him?" Mansha sneers, "Do you want to say that you and Enciodas Silverash have the same relationship as those women you had in Victoria?"

Faced with Mansha's mockery. Lin Ye unhurriedly pulls out his phone. Then, faintly, he says, "Obviously not. My bond with Enciodas is stronger than that of any Victorian woman."

He dials a phone number.

It is immediately connected, "My dear friend? Why are you contacting me?"

Enciodas Silverash, the president of Karlan Trade, answered the phone.

Everyone in the room, including Kal'tsit, is taken aback by his voice.

"Hello there, my good friend. Could you please do me a favour?"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq