Ch 303: Called Out Your Name

The projector has been turned off. The video on the wall fades away, and the video conference comes to an end.

Lin Ye is relieved to see this and relaxes his body. Kal'tsit's hand is placed on his shoulder as he removes his hood to breathe.

Then her slow voice is heard, which causes his hair to stand upright.

"Doctor Lin Ye, you really are confident"

Lin Ye, who has a hard complexion, turns his head slowly to see Kal'tsit. She stands beside him, her face expressionless. He believes he did something wrong.

"Haha please accept my apologies. To be honest, you did an excellent job tonight ", Kal'tsit lets go of her grip on Lin Ye's shoulder. "And we got what we wanted, so there's nothing else to say. But what I'm more interested in is how you persuaded him."

"Who?"

"Silverash," She murmurs her hands on his arm.

"He isn't a good talker, as far as I know... Oh, almost forgot, you just returned from Kjerag. You must have communicated with Silverash at the time. What transpired between you two? Because of your phone call, he gladly withdrew from this project"

He vaguely mentioned that he and Silverash are both excellent chess players. This is due to the fact that if he explains his true relationship with Silverash, he must elaborate on Messiah. That must be avoided by him. After all, Messiah is God, and the news about her is obviously not suitable for too many outsiders to know. Sussurro was aware of this as well, which is why she did not mention Messiah in her report. Worse, Lin Ye has been named the first holy man in Kjerag's history. But, to begin with, even the people of Kjerag are unaware that he is a saint.

But SilverAsh knew that in his position, he had to be concerned about Lin Ye's opinion. The most important thing was that he didn't appear to be particularly interested in the so-called "Deep Sea Treasure." So, Lin Ye inquired, and he simply agreed. From the perspective of someone who doesn't understand Lin Ye and Silverash's relationship, it's just that it is somewhat unbelievable.

"In other words, what I just said isn't going to cause any problems for the Doctor, right?" Lin Ye inquires.

"You're changing the subject," Kal'tsit says flatly.

Wow, she saw right through me... What a lady' He smiles awkwardly as he is called out.

"If you don't want to talk about it, I won't force you" She looks at Lin Ye and murmurs, "After all, I am not a demon."

".... Okay," Lin Ye says, feeling that talking to her is difficult but enjoyable. This woman is a breath of fresh air; she is far too intelligent, compared to the children he deals with on a daily basis.

"Oh, and I hope you didn't misunderstand what I said before," He feels compelled to add.

"What misunderstanding did you just say?" Kal'tsit inquires. "Does it mean you made up your private life for the doctor?"

Lin Ye is even more humiliated. "Of course."

"Is that correct?" asks Kal'tsit, who gives him an ambiguous smile. "I thought you really did everything."

Lin Ye asks blandly, "... Really?"

"I'm joking. Nobody cares about it, and you completely closed the woman's mouth," And Kal'tsit makes a left turn "By the way, I'll be here tonight. Don't act like you're the Doctor any longer."

"I understand." Lin Ye lets out a sigh of relief "However, if the doctor does not return, I can always replace him. This garment appeals to me. Make me enigmatic," He cracks jokes with her.

Kal'tsit's body comes to a halt, and after a few seconds, she softly whispers, "Don't worry, this kind of event won't happen."

Lin Ye raises his eyebrows when he hears this. He feels her tone is odd, but he hasn't worked out what it is yet.

"By the way, there's one more thing, I think it's better to tell you this now," Kal'tsit says again.

"What's the deal? What's the problem?"

"It's about Skadi," she says as she turns to face Lin Ye. "It's your deputy."

Lin Ye laughs "What kind of deputy? She is simply my-."

"She's gone missing."

"......."

Lin Ye's smile faded as he asked, "What did you say?"

"Skadi is missing," She says again, "It was three days ago."

Lin Ye takes a deep breath, realizing that he must remain sensible in this scenario "What exactly is going on? But wait a minute, didn't you just say..."

"Deep Sea Treasure. What do you suppose it is?" She asks. "A week ago, a beach town called Haran was devastated by a natural disaster. The people that live there all vanish. Skadi is there before anything happens. I maintained long-distance communication with her at the time, but the connection was cut off."

"She had an accident at that time?" Lin Ye jumps out of her chair, "What happened?"

"I don't know," Kal'tsit shakes her head.

"How come?"

"Because she vanished so quickly, there was no sign before she vanished. No." She shook her head, "Actually, there is something wrong with what I just said,"

"What's the issue?"

"Communication was not disrupted," She says, snapping her fingers. "Right now, we're still connected to Skadi."

She adds slowly, "But it's evident that Skadi isn't using her communication device."

Lin Ye's heart falls as he realizes this,

Communication remained open, but Skadi was gone.

Skadi's strength made it impossible for anyone to take her down without a fight. Could these be the monsters Messiah warned him about? Those who are more powerful than even Gods?

"Can you pinpoint her location with the communication device? " And Lin Ye needs additional information.

"Yes." Kal'tsit nods, "It's not difficult, I was able to find it soon following Skadi's accident."

"So, why hasn't she been located yet?"

Kal'tsit locks his gaze on Lin Ye.

He simply glances back. He requires further knowledge on this subject.

Then she responds softly, "It would be pointless to send a team to assist Skadi if the problem is one that even she cannot fix. Furthermore, I am personally accountable for this part of the deep sea, and 90% of the operators on the island are unaware of it. In terms of specifics. In fact, looking at your qualifications and experience, you will most likely be unable to act at all. But I still told you, do you know why?"

"No," Lin Ye says with a shake of his head.

"Because Skadi called out your name before she vanished."

Lin Ye's grip tightens.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq