CHAPTER SIXTY

IN THE silence of the dungeon, Aislins arms hung in the air. Everything hurt. Her head hurt, her chest hurt, her wrists hurt. The voices in her head screamed in unison and told her to stop the pain and find a way out of this misery.

In her little time here, she had undergone many different types of torture, but none hurt as much as seeing Elowen's grin as she worked to inflict pain on Aislin.

Aislin had been kidnapped before and tortured before, so her body was ready to endure anything but her heart was not. No matter what Elowen did to Aislin's physical body, she knew she'd never break. Not by Elowens hand. She refused. All she needed was a free moment to escape.

Did she have a plan? Absolutely not. Would she try anyway? Yes.

The only problem was she was in no condition to escape. She'd significant time to heal, but she doubted it with the way things were going. She found comfort in knowing they were looking for her. He was looking for her. She put her faith in her friends and knew they'd find her.

In the distance she heard the bolts of the door to the dungeon unlocking, alerting her that someone was coming down to visit her. She only prayed that it wasn't Elowen. She didn't know how much her heart could take.

She listened intently to the footsteps as the person descended the staircase behind her. The footsteps were too light to be Scarfaces and too swift to be Elowens. Aislin could hear the soft sounds of swishing water in a bucket which suddenly piqued her interest. She had no idea who it was.

A loud gasp was heard and the footsteps became louder and faster down the stairs. The bucket of water made a loud thud as it hit the ground. Those same footsteps came rushing towards Aislin at an alarming rate, one that made Aislin weary. Before she knew it, someone's calloused hand was gripping one side of Aislin's face with extreme gentleness. Aislin couldn't help herself from keeping her eyes closed as curiosity won over pain.

In front of Aislin crouched a woman with pure worry and fear in her deep black eyes. The Indian woman was quite a beauty to gaze upon. She was around five feet and five inches, and she had long thick straight black hair that, as far as Aislin could tell, reached below her bottom.

She wore an off-white cloth around her head, much like a headband. She wore a white linen smock with a dark emerald green tunic. The corset bodice laced up the front, although it seemed she never sinched the bodice as most girls do.

In one hand she held a lantern and in the other hand was the side of Aislins face. The woman's eyes seemed glassy as she took in Aislin's appearance.

"What in gods name have they done to you?" she whispered. Her voice was soothing and her Indian accent wasn't very thick although it showed enough that you knew her heritage by the way she spoke.

Before Aislin could speak, the woman was up again running behind Aislin. The sound of the water bucket crashing into itself was heard as she rushed to Aislin again with it in hand. She set the lantern down and reached into the bucket of water. She pulled out a rag, ringed it out, and began wiping the blood off of Aislins face.

Despite being as gentle as she possibly could, Aislin hissed in pain every now and again which was led by the woman's apologies. When Aislin's face was clean, the woman set the rage back in the water and just stared at Aislin. 

The woman shook her head and licked her lips. "Can you speak?"

Aislin stared back at the woman for a few seconds before nodding, "But it hurts too."

The woman nodded swiftly, still with an alarmed expression. "Well, then I won't make you talk too much. My name is Divya. I was just hired a few days ago. I was told to never enter through that door and now I see why."

Aislin was silent as Divya spoke and when she was finished, she only stared at Aislin with slight recognition. "You're Aislin?... Aren't you?"

All Aislin did was nod in response.

This response alone seemed to shock Divya. As if asking that question was a shoot in the dark and she wasn't expecting to be right. Her shocked face turned into a confused one. "What are you even doing down here?! Everyone is looking for you!"

She suddenly stood up from her place on the floor and began pacing. "I mean who would have thought you'd be down here of all places. It was obvious that you were kidnapped by the people who took the king, I mean anyone could see that. But why would you be here? Under everyone's noses? Does that mean we have someone working in the castle for your kidnapper," she gasped and halted her pacing, "What if the kidnapper was IN the castle?"

Aislin cleared her dry throat as best she could, "Divya calm down. What are you talking about?"

Divya looked back at Aislin, "You don't know where you are right now, do you?"

Aislin tilted her head to the side, "I am in the same dungeon that King Kole was being held in."

Divya nodded and looked around, "It seems that way, yes, but that's not just it." Divya dropped back down to the floor in front of Aislin and stared at her with empathy. "You are in the dungeon underneath the Kavan palace."

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hello My Mickey Mouse Club House Members!!❤️

I UPDATED!! YAY!

Thoughts >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨