Chapter 3: How to make money in another world?

Kein's POV

Okay. This is a problem.

I know I have money but I also know it's not enough.

I grit my teeth as I tossed and turned inside the closet in my cramped bed.

"Money." I scoff. Financial problems always follow me right after.

"Of course, I need to plan things if there's an emergency. What if I get injured? Speaking of which, it's sad here that I need to get into at least a public academy and graduate. Education is important."

I muttered. "I haven't seen or thought of anything that would help me in the past hour. The only skill I have now is my proof editing and writing skills."

To which I don't know if anyone would hire a ten-year-old for anything. Meaning I'm pretty much useless right now. "This is hard."

I bit the tip of my thumb. I might need someone to talk to more about it strategically. I'm not getting paid in this place but I have to accept right now, this place where the spawns of Satan lives is safer than the streets.

At least Lenard is a nice person to talk to. I knew there was a reason as to why I definitely liked him.

I sigh, tired as my shoulder tense from all the thinking. I move to take a glance at my legs that have red marks all over from all that punishment.

"If this was earth, I would sue for child abuse."

The maids here are merciless and I'm running out of healing ointments. I haven't been to the city as well... So I don't know what to expect. I should talk to Lenard about this.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"You want to make money?" (Lenard) sat with me in our secret spot, the garden. Still beautiful as ever, I was done pruning the leaves and watering the flowers so I deserve to take a break.

Speaking of which I haven't seen Lucas anywhere which I'm pretty thankful for or else I might've thought of his face as a nice punching bag.

"Yeah, you do know I can't keep staying here forever. I want to move when I turn fifteen." I took a bite of the juicy apple he snuck for me.

The food portions they give is okay but it's not enough for my stomach since I work really hard.

"Umm... I don't know how you can make money other than applying to be an adventurer." (Lenard)

"Really? You can be an adventurer here?" I ask leaning in more closely of the thrill of an adventurer! Right, I could be one when I turn fifteen! I'll be old enough to support myself and such!

Lenard nods and explains to me in full detail, "There's an adventurer guild in the city. Just an hour walk away from here. You'll need to register but it's an easy process to do! They don't hire ten year olds though so maybe wait till you're fifteen?"

I groaned at the problem of age but I need money as soon as possible or else I'll have marks all over my body. It's already a miracle that some minor ones healed in only a matter of days. "I can't wait for that long. I'm really an impatient person, and I need money to buy things that I need."