Chapter 5

It was around dusk when I realized that the ball was going to be starting in a bit.

I quickly stumbled over to the dress I bought earlier and grabbed it with my hands, stumbling even more into the bathroom.

I stripped away the dress blouse and black trousers, the clothes falling to the floor of my bathroom. I then ventured over to the circular container in the middle of the room. Beside it laid a bucket with water and a sponge.

I hopped into the bath container and soaked the sponge into the water, cleaning off the dirt from today.

~

After I knew it was okay to get out of the bath, I jumped out getting the floor a little wet. I quickly dried myself off and headed out the bathroom door.

I moved over to my dress, stepping into it and putting it onto my shoulders. I slipped my feet into my gold flat heels and started to run out my front door in a hurry when I noticed something glinting inside from the bag I stole.

It glowed gold as I walked closer, inspecting it.

I went to put my hand into the bag feeling something I hadn't felt in it when I stole the bag on the first day.

It felt hard. I covered my hand around the rock like object, pulling it out of the bag slowly.

My eyes widened in surprise. It was a gold pendant necklace, with a red jade crystal in the middle. It looked amazing.

(Photo reference in case, imagine it how you'd like though)

I gently put it around my neck, glancing down at it. I wanted to wear it to the ball tonight. It looked too pretty for me not to.

The moon started to form over the clouds, knowing it was time that I should head out.

                                          ~

It was a long walk but eventually I got to the castle. It was bigger than I imagined. I lived here for quite a long time but never caught sight of it. I saw various looking rich people entering as well as some other commoners. My legs suddenly straggled forward, causing me to force my way up the castle stairs.

I nearly bumped into someone before my legs skidded to a stop. I looked around noticing I was already inside now.

The ballroom was glistening brightly in rich colors. Gold lining and pillars along the sides of the room. What seems like thousand of  chandeliers were hanging from the top and tables full of food trays and dessert trays on the left side. Throngs of people were hanging around the middle, even some kids swarming where the food was. I've never been in a surrounding like this. It was a different feeling.