Chapter 21

"Get dressed, Madison! We're going shopping today!" Paige chirps as she walks in the front door. She had come home for the weekend and decided to stop by.

"Do I look like I could go shopping?" I ask her, laughing as she prances to the kitchen.

"Yes you do and anyone who gets in your way will have to screw off or face me," she says, flexing her arms.

"Yeah, okay," I respond, wheeling my way into my downstairs bedroom. I find an outfit that won't be too much of a hassle to put on but isn't sweats like I've been wearing for the past week. When I get dressed and ready, I find clothes for Christopher to wear and bring them out.

When I reach the kitchen, Paige has Christopher on the counter and is singing a children's song to him softly.

"Here will you help me change his clothes?" I ask her, interrupting. I smile at her as she nods and takes the clothes from my hand.

"You, my dear Christopher, are the most attractive ten month old, and you will soon get all of the ladies," Paige tells Christopher once he's dressed. I take his pajamas and wheel back to the bedroom to toss them onto the bed.

I brush my hair out and put a little bit of makeup on before I make my way back to the front of the house.

"You ready to go?" Paige asks me, grabbing Christopher's car seat from the corner of the room and placing him in it. It's a convertible car seat that also acts as a carriage.

"Yeah," I tell her, grabbing my purse off of the kitchen table and wheeling towards the door.

"I hope you're ready to spend money because I sure am!" Paige says cheerfully, opening the door for me. When she helps me over the doorway, she places Christopher in his seat in my lap. When we reach the stairs she looks at me with confusion.

"Here," I say, handing her Christopher. "Put him in the car and then come back."

Once she has him strapped in the back seat, she comes back and I wheel as close to the edge as possible.

"Alright, so I'm going to stand up and I need you to help me down the stairs. Then you can get my chair and put it in the back. I'll try to hop to your car."

"Have you done this before?" Paige looks at me uneasily.

"Nope, but there's got to be a first time, right?"

She nods wearily and I stand up on my one good leg. It's really hard for me to get up due to how weak my leg has gotten. I've stood on it a few times to get into and out of bed and showers and whatnot, but now that I have to try to hop down the stairs it might be much harder.

I grab the railing and hope one step but I nearly fall down. Luckily, Paige grabs my arm to steady me.

I hop down the next two, not without difficulty, and then I hop to her car.

"You know what I need?" I say to Paige as she shuts the back with the wheelchair and walks to the driver's door.

"What's that?" She asks, putting the key into the ignition.

"I need to get some crutches," I respond, laughing at how I actually got to the car. "They would simplify everything."

"We could stop at a pharmacy to get some," she suggests and I nod.

On the way to the mall area, we listen to the radio and jam out, singing at the top of our lungs.

It feels nice to finally relax and feel normal again. This keeps my mind off of all of the problems that I'm having, and I hardly think of Kian and our problems.

When we finally arrive at the mall, Paige gets my wheelchair out first and brings it around to my door. I step out if the car before nearly collapsing into the wheelchair.

Paige then gets Christopher and places him in my lap before pushing my wheelchair up to the door.

"So, where should we head to first? Food? Clothing?"

"Anywhere," I tell her, handing Christopher to her and beginning to wheel myself.

We end up going to get food first and afterwards, we found ourselves in H&M. After browsing and collecting items that we want to buy, we head out of the store and to Sephora.

While we're in sephora, I get some funny looks from some of the teenagers in there. I brush it off.

As I'm about to look at some foundation, my phone starts buzzing in my purse. I pull my phone out to see the caller ID of the last person I want to talk to.

After contemplating whether or not I want to pick up Kian's call, I decide against it. I decide that I'm having a good time right now without him, so I ignore the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Would you have ignored that call???

Do you think Kian and Maddie will fall apart?

Do you think that everything will be okay?

Do you think that Kian will cheat?

The possibilities are endless!!

Vote and comment! See you next time!

Please go read my other books! I'm working hard to update all of my books on time so Id love some support!!

Thanks for being you!

xox -Delilah