𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗚𝗚

THE EGG
"𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗈 𝗂𝗍 𝗎𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋."

—THE NEXT DAY, ALEXANDRIA WAS WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE ALONE

—THE NEXT DAY, ALEXANDRIA WAS WALKING AROUND THE CASTLE ALONE. It had been an hour since the lessons were over for the day, and she just wanted to just take a walk and relax.

"Alexandria," said a voice behind her.

The girl sighed and looked around the empty corridor before turning around. "Hello, Barty."

'Mad-Eye Moody' rolled his eyes fondly. "Have you figured out the egg yet?"

"Shit, I forgot," mumbled Alexandria. "No. What do I have to do?"

"Listen to it underwater."

"Oh." She nodded. "Alright."

"Hey," whispered Alexandria when she found Cedric in the library a few hours later.

She had already opened the egg underwater, and knew exactly what it said, but wanted Cedric to know, too. Mostly because he had told her what the first task was, though.

Cedric looked up from his homework and immediately smiled. "Hey. What's up?"

"Open the egg underwater."

He blinked. "What?"

"You'll figure out the clue. You'll get it when you open it underwater," explained the girl.

Cedric slowly started smiling again.

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. "Why are you—" she wrinkled her nose "—smiling?"

"No reason," shrugged Cedric, but his teasing look said otherwise.

"What is it?" She glared.

"You really are warming up to me." He finally said, voice filled with happiness as he stood up.

Alexandria looked horrorstricken. "No. Definitely not."

Cedric raised an eyebrow, giving her a knowing look.

"Enjoy it while it lasts," she said with a roll of her eyes and tried leaving, but he grabbed her hand and turned her around.

"While it lasts?" He repeated.

"Well, it's never going to last long."

Cedric tried not letting his hurt show. "I don't believe in never."

"I don't believe in always," the girl shot back.

"Well, opposites attract," Cedric's familiar grin returned.

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. "Never."

"Always."

"The second task is next week," said Pansy as they sat down in the great hall for dinner that night. "Have you figured out the egg, yet?"

Alexandria nodded. "Yes. It said something about 'taking what I'll sorely miss'."

"Sorely miss?" Daphne joined in. "Maybe your daggers?"

"They wouldn't dare touch that," the girl pointed out with a scoff. "I was thinking a.. well, person."

Pansy choked on the juice she was drinking. "Person?"

"Well, obviously they won't drown," Alexandria started. "but maybe.. a charm on them? That's the only thing that makes sense."

"What about objects?" asked Daphne.

Alexandria shook her head. "The only objects I care about are my daggers, heir rings, and—" she glanced at the bracelet (which she had gotten years ago from Tom as a gift) around her wrist "—..nevermind. That's it."

Daphne frowned in thought. "Not even one of your daggers are missing?"

"Nope. None."

"And your rings?"

Alexandria showed her the rings that were already around her fingers. "Here they are. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a person, Daph."

"Yeah, but who do you care for?" Pansy asked the question she and her girlfriend were thinking. "No offense, of course."

"None taken," said Alexandria, who was now looking around the great hall. "Well, it obviously won't be Cedric as he's also a champion. So.. maybe you or Daphne?"

"Highly doubt that," Daphne said, explaining when she got confused looks, "It's Dumbledore planning everything. He'll try to—"

"—Manipulate me." finished Alexandria, recognition on her face. "So, he'll probably use Potter. However, that's a chance for me to—" she noticed their highly confused looks and stopped, but the smirk on her face wasn't helping. "—nevermind."

Alexandria stood up and said, "I'll see you both later. I've got stuff to do." and walked out of the great hall.