𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

Age: 6

"You're going to the village too!!" Takeo yelled running outside. "I want to go too!!" I yelled. Mom walked over to us and put a hand our our heads.

"No you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro can" Mom said shaking her head. "Yes I can!!" I yelled. I ran to the nearest tree then back.

"SEE!!" I yelled. "Y/n I'm sorry maybe next time" Tanjiro said. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded.

Tanjiro began making his way into the forest as we waved. I turned to mom and frowned. "Y/n look on the bright side you can help me now" Mom said smiling.

"How?" I asked. "dinner" Mom said. My eyes brightened. "Are we having-" I asked. "Yes Y/n" Mom said rolling her eyes smiling.

"YAY!!" I yelled jumping up. "Alright lets go inside you know your eyes will freeze and crack if you stay out in the cold for too long! And you have my eyes I'll be sad If they crack" Mom said pointing to my eyes.

Out of all my sibling I was the only one to inherit my mothers purple eyes. She would always tell me to protect my eyes because they were a precious feature I had.

"I don't want them to crack!!" I said running inside.

I was helping mother with the food as my other sibling were doing whatever. "Mommy can I taste some" I asked looking down at the vegetables cooking.

"No it's not done yet and don't stand on the oven's handle it'll brake" Mom said. I groaned and jumped down.

As soon as mom left the room I looked back at the pot. "Just one..." I whispered stepping on the stove handle.

I reached into the hot pot and flinched back a bit as I was stung by the little droplets of oil. I was about to grab one until.

"Y/n I'm ba-" Mom stopped once she saw me. "WOAH!!" I yelled wobbling. I grabbed onto the pot that stung my hand as I fell down.

I quickly let the pot go and fell down. Mom ran over to me. "Y/n I said no yet!" Mom said narrowing her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry I just really waned some" I said frowning. "Your hand is burned come on lets go bandage it up" Mom said helping me up.

As I was standing up I hit my head on the met handle of the oven. "OW!" i yelled holding my head.

*RATTLE* *RATTLE*

I looked up to see the pot fall over off the oven. The oil from the pot came hurtling down headed straight for my face.

With one quick motion mother grabbed the cloth off of the counter and covered my face while hitting the pot away getting some oil on her in the process.

"MOMMY!!" I yelled. "Are you okay!?" Mom asked inspecting my face. I looked over as the door opened.

"What's going on?" Nezuko asked running over. "It's okay now we're fine" Mom said smiling. "Mom your hand" Nezuko said pointing to the burn on her hand.

Mom looked down. "Oh I-I didn't even notice" Mom said. "I'm sorry" I said looking down.

"It's fine it's happened to me before and plus your eyes are okay... remember Y/n protect your eyes you need t be more cautious" Mom said.

"Yes mommy" I said nodding. "Come on you two your hands are burned lets wrap them up" Nezuko said helping us up.

We followed Nezuko and got our hands wrapped up. "Mommy you shouldn't've done that" I said frowning.

"What do you mean" Mom asked. "You got yourself burned because of me you should've let me get burned" I said.

Mom frowned. "If I did I would've never been able to forgive myself" Mom said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mommy It's not fair! You never let me help when my brother and sisters chop wood and stuff like that! You never let me rough house with my sibling either! This is only the first time I've ever gotten hurt!" I said.

"It's because we don't want your eyes to get ruined they're special" Nezuko said smiling. "They're a curse" I mumbled.

"Don't say that! they're even better than mine they have such a deep color" Mom said. "What's the point of having these eyes if I can't do anything" I said.

"It's not just your eyes y/n it's you in general. your nice long hair! Your soft clear skin! and over all complexion is something a girl would kill for!" Nezuko said smiling.

"Why do I have why not you or mom or any of our other siblings" I asked. "Because God chose you" Mom said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked to the side. "Nezuko is pretty too" I said. "Oh no! I'm just like everyone else Y/n" Nezuko said.

"Society has brainwashed everyone into thinking they're ugly with their standards" I said shaking my head.

"Such a complex topic for a six year old don't you think?" Mom said. "The village doesn't hide it" I said.

"That village always has some sort of gossip" mom said shaking her head. "But it's fun there" I said frowning.

"You're still sulking over that! Tanjiro is long gone now and we're obviously not going to let a six year old like you down there by yourself" Nezuko said.

"Ms. Tanaka in the village is nice she always gives me pastries!" I said. "She just wants to give you children special treatment" Mom said.

"And you?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "I'm your mother of course I'm going to do it!" Mom said.

"True" I said. Mom looked at the door. "Is everyone inside?" Mom asked. "Um they've been out there for a while I'll go tell them to come inside" Nezuko said getting up.

"Are their eyes gonna be frozen?" I asked. Mom laughed. "If they don't come inside now they will be" Mom said.

'If my eyes freeze will it matter anymore?' I thought.

____________♥
ELLO! Thank you for reading the first chapter of this book!! Until next time SEE YA!