36. Train Trip To London

Fifth Year:

"I want everyone to form groups of two, please." Professor McGonagall clapped her hands to get our attention. All the fifth year Hufflepuffs and Gryffindor were gathered up in the great hall, talking with each other about the trip. "No talking, please. No tal- Mr. Weasley put Mr. Lupin down immediately!"

Teddy giggled as Fred put him down and gave his wand back.

"Hey, Rox. Do you want to be my partner?" I asked in a mocking way.

"Uhm..." She looked somewhere behind me as I waited for her answer, "I was actually thinking of going with Alice. But of course I will go with you-"

"No, no. You go with a her." I smirked knowingly and looked at Teddy, "I'm sure I can go with someone else. You two have fun." I winked at her and she looked at me confused.

I went back to the boys while they were laughing their asses off to who knows what.

"Hey Lils." Teddy smiled and put his wand behind his ear. 

"Hey, Ted. Who are you going with?" I asked.

"Well, I was hoping that we would be with the Slytherins, but apparently not. So..." He sighed and showed me a blonde Hufflepuff girl talking with her friends, "I asked Mia instead. And she said yes!" He grinned proudly and I touched his upper arm.

"I'm guessing it's a date then?" He nodded and I smiled. "I would also like to hear about the Slytherin when we come back."

Fred and James appeared next to us. 

I smiled at Fred. But before I had a chance to talk, he cut me off.

"Nope. No way in bloody hell I'm going with you two. I prefer third wheeling to Teddy."

James rolled his eyes dramatically. "We're not that bad."

"Yeah... no." Fred shook his head. "I'm not in the mood to get expelled." 

"Ha ha." I faked a laugh.

"Did everyone find a pair? Miss Wood what are you waiting for?"

I walked towards a Hufflepuff girl that looked like she didn't have a pair either.

"No, no." McGonagall was suddenly next to me, stopping me by holding my shoulder. "You pair with Mr. Potter."

"But-"

"No buts! Now if everyone is ready, we can go." She walked towards the doors and told us to hand our wands 'just in case'.

Everyone groaned and complained while Filch helped the professor to collect the wands.

"Ello there partner." James put his arm around my shoulders. I looked up at him.

I keep forgetting he's taller than me. 

"Don't get too excited Potter." I warned shrugging my shoulders, his arm falling back down.

We started walking with everyone else. "Muggle museum... this should be fun!" He laughed and his nose wrinkled. He put his arm around my shoulder again, putting his weight on me.

"Have you ever been to any muggle place at all?" I asked, making fun of his excitement.

"Yes I did actually. I went to a muggle hospital. Uncle Dudley's kid was born. And I must say, muggle doctors are a bit creepy."

"And why is that?" I laughed.

"They keep coming to see how the mother and the baby is, every five minutes. Give them a break, Godric." He sighed as we were out of the castle.