Magic

She was thrown across the grass, tumbling around and then came to a stop. Running on adrenaline, she quickly stood up and spun in a circle. Her eyes darting across all the Burned Ones inching closer to her, she created two energy balls in her hands. Her eyes turning purple, she watched a glitter-like thing fall upon her. That weird feeling she felt before came back and a voice filled her head.

You will grow up to be the finest daughter, your powers will be more advanced. I know you can fight them Faya, be my brave little girl.

The voice was feminine, soft, angelic and unfamiliar. It was like it was the push she needed to gain hold of her full magical potential. Focusing on all the Burned Ones around her, weird sounds came from all of them. Screams in a way, she manipulated their minds into thinking and seeing something else. Forcing upon all the worse pains upon them, reaching into their mind and drawing everything horrid that had happened before they were turned into these things.

Purple sparkes began shooting through their chests, their cinders exploding into purple dust. Faya looked down realising she was in the air. She looked over her shoulder, gasping at the wings she had grown. They looked like crystals, they were long and reached to her lower legs. The colouring was blue and purple. The points of her wings looking a little sharp, overall they looked beautiful.

Gaining focus back she continued to do what she did to the other Burned Ones and watched them all fall down. A squeak escaped her lips as she floated down to the ground, her feet landing in the grass. She stumbled down to the ground, slipping her jacket off and let the cold breeze wash over her. She slowly sat up, her head feeling heavy and her muscles hurt to move.

"Faya!" She glanced up at Saul, then watched her wings disappear. He had run over, crouched down and gave her a proud smile. He also looked incredibly worried, but in that moment she was in too much pain and felt too much exhaustion to care. 

"You should be proud of how far you've come." He had a proud look covering her face, she smiled with a sob escaping her lips and she wiped away her tears.

"I transformed, what does that mean?" She quietly asked, he sighed, honestly not knowing.

"Faya, I don't know. I'll find out and tell you as soon as I can." She nodded and thanked him quietly. He grabbed her jacket, handing it to her and then pulled her up. A whimper escaped her lips, she limply clung onto him and closed her eyes for a couple of moments.

"Faya, I need you to stay awake. Just until we get to the school." Saul told her, making sure she did open her eyes before continuing to walk. He got Faya to the hospital wing, waiting by for the medics to treat her stab wound and then once she was all good took her back to her dorm, nodding as she thanked him and walked inside. She laid flat on her bed, not bothering to change and fell asleep almost instantly.

Saul's POV

Walking back from dropping Faya off, I walked down the halls and saw Dane. Rage consumed me, furious he attacked a student. I stormed over, staring the bastard down and wished to wipe the smug look off his face. 

"Mr. Silva, everything alright?" He asked, I scoffed, making sure no one was around. 

"Look, listen hear. I am going to make your life a living hell. You attacked a student, you are part of setting Rosalind free. Boy, you're on a winning streak right now, aren't you? Listen here, you will come to every detention I give you. You will scrub every mat, the locker rooms, polish every blade and wash all the armour.  All under my supervision, then you will go through the hardest training you will ever encounter. I will push you past breaking point, you will hate life. But that is what you get for stabbing Faya." 

He looked scared, worried and had a sick look covering his face. He nodded, then scurried away looking over his shoulder multiple times. I walked to were Farah was, staring at the bodies, she explained what Bloom did and then I brought Faya up.

"Faya transformed too. She's no changeling, the wings she has, I haven't seen them in years. They're not like any normal mind fairy, only one fairy family has them. Farah, the only other fairy I've met that has these wings is Evangeline..."

Farah looked at me with sympathy in her eyes, sighing quietly and shook her head.

"Evangeline is still alive, she sent me a letter over a month ago. She misses you, she says it's hard not being with you." I sighed, cherishing my memories of Evangeline and felt a smile tug at my lips. I watched tears form in Farah's eyes, a pained look covering her face.

"Farah, what is it?" I asked.

"Ericeth, has blocked your memory, changing parts of it to suit his needs. I've scanned your memories, I can see the blocks. Alyssa and Ericeth aren't Faya's biological parents." My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at her, the pieces not fitting together in my mind yet.

"I have already reversed it, changed them to how they should be. There's no doubt he's done it to Faya too." As I started remembering things, I realised what had happened. I had to blink away the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"Faya's my daughter." I almost silently whispered, recalling the last moment I had with her before everything was changed. The rage quickly built up, the more I thought about it.

"She was seven, it was only a couple of weeks after her birthday. We had gone to Ericeth and Alyssa's house for a visit. Alyssa wanted to show Faya something, they went outside to the garden and then that's when Ericeth said he wanted to talk about something. They took my daughter from me! All those years I missed out on, all the birthdays and holidays I could've had with her. Farah, they gave me a week with her every year, both our memories restored. They stopped when she was 10 and they always took our memories when it was time for Faya to go back. We didn't even know what was happening!" 

Farah stared at me, tears in her eyes. She didn't say a word, knowing I wasn't finished yet. 

"I keep losing my family, first it was my father. Evangeline left to protect us, Faya was taken. Farah, I-I-I don't know what to do." She rubbed my back, then placed her hands back in her pockets. 

"Saul, I know this is hard on you. What you do is, wait until morning and speak with Faya. Explain everything that has happened, she won't be happy at first. More than likely angry, if that is the case, be there for her. Once she's told, calmed down, I'll see what I can do to reverse it all."