XX |M|

Jungkook awoke with a blistering headache that threatened to split his head open

Jungkook awoke with a blistering headache that threatened to split his head open. He winced, burying his face into the pillow his head was resting atop.

This was Iris' house. It smelled like her. Like a sweet mix between vanilla, milk, and honey. It was her natural scent, the one she had when she wasn't wearing perfume. It was just her, all her, and Jungkook loved it.

Jungkook sat up, eye in narrow slits as she moved his hair out of his face to look around. Yep, definitely Iris' house. Why was he here? How did he get here? Everything was a hazy blur and his mind was swirling in his head.

And then he remembered last night, all of last night. Fighting with his mother, drinking like a fucking idiot, and pouring his heart out to Iris. She must be so confused. He didn't mean to dump all his problems onto her. He didn't mean to come to her at all in the first place, shove his shattered pieces into her hands and ask her to fix it for him. That wasn't right.

Jungkook forced himself up into a sitting position and looked around for Iris but saw no sight of her. Yet, on the coffee table, there was a cold cup of water and a bottle of medicine for him to take. So she must have been here recently.

Jungkook took the medicine and drunk the entire cup of water in record time. "Iris?" He let out in a groggy, raspy voice. "Noona?" He wanted her.

"Hold on, I'm getting dressed!" Jungkook turned towards the hall from where her voice originated. He sat on the couch patiently, waiting for her to come out with a tired pout on his face.

Iris soon comes out of the bathroom, letting out all the steam that was locked up inside with her. She hesitates to go into the living room where he sits waiting for her. After last night, she thought it was probably best for him not to be left alone. Plus, it would be cruel to kick him out after last night.

So Iris made her way out of the hall and into the living room, catching the eye of Jungkook who looked like a wreak with his shirt pulled open, untucked from his pants, and wrinkled.

"Are you okay?" She asks, approaching him cautiously. He watched as she gently pushes his hair out of his face. Her eyes scanned over his face. Puffy eyes and red, light swollen cheeks. He looked sick. She hasn't stopped petting his head and she fears if she doesn't stop now, she never will.

Jungkook looked at her, his teeth just barely nipping at his lip as he does. It feels good to see her again, to have her talk to him and address him directly again. He nods, unable to say anything. The sun shown behind her like a spotlight from the heavens, an angel sent down to take away his pain.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Her voice was melodic and docile. Jungkook found solace in her gentle expression and soft tone like a warm blanket settling over him on a cold night.

Jungkook nods. "Yeah...I'm sorry for putting all that stuff on you. You don't deserve to deal with my shit. I don't know what made me think that was okay." He looks away shamefully.