[50] Ensnared

Debris and dust were everywhere, clouding your vision just a little bit. 

But even so, you knew you were able to finally land a hit on him. You smiled, gripping the hilt of your dagger even harder. 

It seemed like yesterday when you last fought Sanguis. The bright lights of the Arena, the audience cheering and screaming from every corner, and the stage you and Sanguis performed in. They were all coming back to you. 

Sadly, it seems like you only ripped his right sleeve open, exposing the flesh of his forearm that you tried to target. 

Your initial smile turned to a deep scowl, realizing that he barely dodged you. However, as soon as you took a closer look at his forearm amidst the dust floating around from the fight, that scowl disappeared completely. Your eyes were wide, and you took in a shaky breath. 

The scar he had on his forearm was jagged, yet it resembled the shape of a sickle. It was all-too-familiar, and you never thought you would see it again. 

Sanguis noticed your expression, a small smirk forming on his lips. "It's a pretty nasty scar, isn't it?" He leaned closer to you. "But you're not one to be bothered by something like this, so why the shocked face?" his smirk grew wider. 

Your Nen wavered, dropping your defense significantly. "T-That scar..." your hands were shaking as you pointed to it, looking up at him with disbelief.

Sanguis' smile grew more sinister. "Looks familiar?" 

_____________________

"It's so nice to see you again, (Y/N)." You heard a hauntingly familiar voice behind you. 

Killua held you even tighter, while Alluka rushed to Killua's side. "You snake..." he seethed.

You managed to break free from Killua's grasp, whipping around to face the source of the voice. Your brows furrowed at the sight of him. Even though months had passed, Sanguis' aura and the way he carried himself was the same as you remembered

Sanguis gave you a close-eyed smile. "It's too bad you have some company right now. I would really love to catch up with you after all this time." He takes one look at Killua's murderous glare, making him chuckle. Right after, he released enormous amounts of Nen from his body, filled with malicious intent. 

Even when Killua stood in front of you protectively, you still felt that overwhelming pressure. You were frozen in your place as if you were weighed down by a huge boulder. 

Suddenly, you felt a huge gust of wind. It blew past you sharply, and the pressure you felt disappeared along with it. 

You turned back to see that Sanguis had disappeared. "Wait!" you instinctively called out, trying to chase after him. 

"(Y/N)! What the hell are you trying to do?!" Killua grabbed your shoulder and kept you in place. "We need to contact Ryu and Senka right away–" He takes one look at your face. "Oi, what's up with your cheek? It's bleeding!" You could see Killua's eyes shift from icy and serious to panicked and worried. 

"H-Huh?" you placed a hand to your cheek. Sure enough, you felt a slight sting, making you flinch. As you pulled your hand away, your fingers were stained crimson. 

"It's a cut. Thank god it's not a very deep one." Killua stared at it worriedly. "What was with that snake's aura? If we didn't have Ten, we would've been cut to shreds right about now." Killua sighs. 'It's almost like Gon's scissor move in Jajanken...'

You grabbed Killua by the shoulders. "I need to chase after him right now! This might be the only chance I'll ever have!" 

Killua's eyes widened as you said that. "Are you serious?!  We need to call Ryu and Senka before we do anyth–"