Castelia City

We land in front of the Pokémon Center, and I hop off pulling out the case of the three starter Pokémon. I release Lucario, as promised.

"Braviary, I want you to learn the path we are going to take so we can go there again, so follow us from the sky."

"Brav!" Braviary says with a nod.

I open the case of starters and release them all. They look up at me excitedly.

"Hey, little guys. I'm taking you to your new trainers soon. I just wanted you to get out and stretch a little."

"Snivv!" Snivy says, happily stretching her body up.

"Te!" Tepig says with a large smile.

"Oshaa!" Oshawott exclaims.

"Lucario, watch after them please," I say, putting the case back in my bag. He responds with a nod and stands caboose to us. I pull out my xtransceiver and bring up Bianca's number.

After a few seconds, she picks up. "Ah, hey! I was waiting for your call! Let me start off with, I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, Bianca. I really don't mind. I mean I'm going to the same place. I can take some time away from doing it."

"Oh my Arceus, I love you! Thank you so much! I appreciate this! I'll pay you back, I promise! We can go out together for lunch and I'll pay!"

"Don't worry! But I'm looking forward to it! Now, I need some directions to the boat."

"Oh, right! Facing away from the Pokémon Center you turn to your right then head straight towards the middle pier, its name is Prime Pier. It should be the first turn on your left. Only one boat should be there so talk to him." In the background, I could hear someone calling for Bianca. "Sorry! I gotta go! Call me when you get to Virbank City!" The call ends.

I laugh. "Energetic as always." I turn towards the Pokémon. "You all ready?" They all shout in glee. "Alright!" I say and begin following the directions that Bianca told me. "Anybody wanna be held?"

"Sniv!" Snivy calls out and jumps into my arms.

I laugh. "Okey-dokey!" Just like when I became a Pokémon trainer with my starter. I walk up to a man with a ponytail who's standing in front of a boat. "Excuse me? Is this the boat to Virbank City?"

"Yes, it can be," he responds rather rudely.

"I'm substituting for Bianca to give some new trainers their first Pokémon."

He glances at me. "Ah! Bianca, I know her! Yes, what can I do for you? Would you like to sail to Virbank City?" he asks with a complete change of speech.

"Yes," I respond, glad that he's changed his attitude.

"Of course! Please, step this way!" He gestures for me to get on board. "Watch your step!"

"Yes, thank you," I say and we all get on board except Braviary, who flies up into the clouds to get an overview of where we're going.

He talks to me while starting up the boat. "You look oddly familiar, do I know you from somewhere?"

"Possibly, depends if you watch a lot of tv and keep up with the Pokémon League and such."

"I keep track of most of that stuff. My daughter is a gym leader, you see, so I try to stay on track."

"Which gym?"

"The one in the city we are going to, Virbank City," he says.

"Didn't even know there was a gym in Virbank City... Seems like I need to get to studying. What's her name?" I ask.

"Roxie."

"Oh, I've heard of her, the poison type gym, right?"

"That's right. And what do you mean by studying why would you need to know that?" he asks.

"It's my job."

"And what job would that be?"

"Pokémon League Champion," I say and the three starter Pokémon turn to look at me in shock. They must know what that means.

If we were in a car it probably would've just swerved. "...C-Champion!?"

"Yep!" I say with a smile. The Pokémon stare at me in awe.

"Wow, I can't believe the Champion is on my boat, this is so exciting! This is such an honor."

I giggle. "Stop you're gonna make me blush!"

"Well it's true. Anyway, what is the Champion doing delivering new Pokémon?" he asks.

"Bianca has been my friend since childhood, so I'm just helping out because she got a little busy and I was heading to the place she was going anyway, so yeah."

"Interesting. Well, if you wanna take a rest you may. This trip will be about 2 hours."

"Oh really? Alrighty then, who wants to take a nap?"

The three starters shout their names in agreement and we snuggle up together. I lay down and look at Lucario.

"I'll keep watch," Lucario says.

"Keep watch for what?" I ask.

"In case this man might take you for granted," Lucario whispers.

I roll my eyes. "Alright, suit yourself, I'm taking a well needed nap!" I say, closing my eyes and snuggling the three starters close.