Childhood

A big family was sitting next to Romeo, they were from Tamil Nadu.

Romeo had a little chat with them about how the weather keeps on changing nowadays. They offered him the snacks they were eating and the atmosphere became more friendly with jokes and laughs.

Romeo, recited some of his poems and even the tea seller stopped to clap for him.

Everything was good and the rain made it feel more beautiful.

And that made him sad.

'Cause happiness reminds him of someone

like the pain do,

Just somewhere between them,

He takes a breath or two.

He saw the three children playing "Ghar-Ghar".

He smiled with pain and happiness and opened up his diary to write his rushing memories down. That's what he always did when he couldn't control his emotions, it helped him to be normal.

That's how he started writing,

To his only secret keeper,

To the only thing that heard him, 

To the only thing he was true to, 

To the only thing who could bear his honesty,

He didn't care that it was nonliving because that's the only thing he had who knew him and didn't complain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naina, Prem, and I used to play "Ghar-Ghar" together in my house. It's a child's dream-like game where they get to behave like adults.

They think adulthood makes them free and when we grow up we think that "that" made us free.

Why does the realization of

what's right and wrong

or what's truth and lie

or what's happiness and illusion

always comes when they are gone?

Are they supposed to be a lesson?

or to understand it I took too long?

Naina always was my wife and Prem was my brother.

She would always bring with her the kitchen set. I remember I and Prem would save five Rupees coins every month for six months to gift her that, on her birthday. We didn't get much to spend.

She made us food and me and Prem will go to an imaginary office. We really didn't do anything, just sat in the other room played an IGI game for 10 minutes, and returned to her saying we really work hard for you.

She with a spark in her eyes would give us imaginary food to eat.

Those were some of the beautiful moments I miss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romeo closed his diary and started looking at the kids with interest to find a story, to find a lesson.