Virbank City

I'm shaken awake by Lucario, and I slowly sit up to not disturb the starters.

"Are we there yet?" I ask, looking around to see a city in the distance.

"Almost, 2 minutes or so," Roxie's father says.

"Alright," I respond and turn to Lucario. "I really hope we find him."

"We will, don't worry."

I sigh. "I hope you're right..."

The boat docks and right away you can smell the foul stench of the city. I step out of the boat and look around, but I don't see much since we're down low, to see the rest of the city you'd have to climb up the stairs ahead.

"Welcome to Virbank City! The city of falling fog and rising stars!"

I nod. Man this place stinks! We walk up the stairs to the captain's quarters house and you can now see a better view. This place looks like a large sketchy alleyway. The rough part of the city except it's the whole city. I look up at the sky to see it beginning to get dark. Braviary flies down from the sky and lands in front of me. I laugh at the face he makes from the stench. "Have a good flight?"

"Brav!" Braviary exclaims with a nod.

"Good, I'm glad!" I say and turn towards the captain. "Where is the Pokémon Center?"

"If you go down this road and turn at the second exit on the right it should be straight ahead."

I calculate his directions into my head. "Alright, got it! Thank you so much for bringing me here! I really appreciate it!"

"No problem, anything for the champion."

I frown slightly then give a smile. "Cool, again thank you!" I say with a wave and we walk to the Pokémon Center. Along the way, I dial up Bianca again.

"Hello?" Bianca answers. "Oh, White! Have you made it to Virbank yet?"

"Just got here, I'm on my way to the Pokemon Center as we speak," I say.

"Awesome," she says. "Glad you made it there safely."

"This city is gross," I say. "It smells like a sewage plant or something."

"It's not the cleanest city in the region. It does need to be fixed up," Bianca says. "Anyway, call me tomorrow morning, so I can give you directions to Aspertia."

"Will do," I say. "Bye Bianca."

"Bye!"

...

Arriving at the Pokémon Center, I head up to the counter. "I would like to have a room tonight."

"Certainly," Nurse Joy says with a large happy smile. She gleefully grabs a room key and hands it to me. "Here you go, first room on the right."

I eye her up and down. "You don't get many customers do you?"

She sighs and her posture diminishes. "Not really, only when the challengers for the gym come rushing in for me to heal their Pokémon."

"I know how you feel. I don't get many challengers, I've only had two. I know it's two totally different things, but it's kinda the same."

"Wow, that stinks. Wait, challengers? Gym leader? I don't recognize you."

I laugh. "It's kinda nice that some people don't know me. You're the third person today. I'm the champion."

"Oh my! I'm sorry, I had no idea! Excuse me for being so rude!" Nurse Joy says, spazzing out a little and straightens up her posture.