Stress

"Athena, your parents have been arrested by the Ministry." Athena's jaw dropped as she sank into the nearest chair, gripping the collar of her dressing gown tightly.

"It's been years since the war. I didn't even realize they were still prosecuting people," She muttered.

"The Ministry sent notice to me because they're asking you to speak as a witness. You'll need to be present in London." Athena's eyes narrowed as they shot towards her Headmistress.

"They want me to be a witness against my parents? I mean, they're horrible people, but I'm not exactly sure they deserve prison!" Sirius reached for her hand, offering his quiet support.

"They're only asking you to witness, Athena. Your testimony is your own and can go in whichever direction you wish." Minerva turned to leave. "Think hard on what you want to say, and the image you wish to paint of them." She left the room quietly, leaving the shocked couple to their own devices once again.

"Are you okay," Sirius questioned. Athena nodded slowly, not sure if her words would betray her. "They're going to give you Veritaserum on the stand. You won't have a choice but to answer their questions honestly."

"So I assumed."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Athena shook her head gently.

"I don't think I am." Sirius squatted in front of her, taking both of her hands into his.

"I'll be right beside you, My Love. Whatever you need, I'll do my damndest to make sure that you have it."

"I just need you to hold me."

"Now, that, I can definitely do." Sirius stood and pulled her up onto her feet before leading her over to their bed for a lie down. "Just close your eyes, love. We'll worry about what comes next when you wake."

Athena nodded softly before closing her eyes and drifting into a light sleep. Sirius held her tight from behind, placing a gentle kiss on her shoulder occasionally as she drifted in and out of dreams. He, however, couldn't sleep.  Between the letter from Dora and Remus and the Bailey's impending trial, his brain felt incredibly loud. Although he personally didn't see the Bailey's impending trip to the new and improved Azkaban as the worst situation, he couldn't imagine losing anything else to that damned war. The baby situation also sat at the forefront of his mind, weighing heavily. It had been three months since their wedding day and they still hadn't managed to become pregnant, and not for lack of trying. He couldn't remember a time when his sex life had been this active, and he'd been quite the ladies man in his younger years. However, the one thing they both wanted seemed to be just outside of their grasp and it frustrated him to no end. And what would happen if they were unable to produce the child that the Ministry had put them together to produce? Athena interrupted his thoughts by shifting in his arms, rolling towards him and snuggling into his chest. A soft smile crept onto his face as he allowed his eyes to close, deciding to relish in the moment for the time being.

Athena awoke just before dinner feeling hot, and all of a sudden, quite nauseous. She threw Sirius's arm off of her and darted into the bathroom, falling in front of the toilet just in time. Sirius followed after only a moment, helping her gather her hair and pulling it back from her face.

"You don't need to see this," she groaned, trying to shove Sirius towards the door.

"Stop. You're going to get vomit in your hair if you're not careful," Sirius lectured, her hair still in his hand. She rolled her eyes, muttered something that Sirius didn't quite hear and quickly changed her hair into a short cut, removing the possibility of puking on her long hair.

"I've got this. Now. Please leave?" Sirius, seeing the battle lost, sighed and left the bathroom. A few moments later, Athena emerged from the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth, still feeling incredibly nauseous.

"Are you alright?"

"I think it's just the stress of the day. I'll be alright, Love." She finished brushing her teeth and then sat on the edge of the bed, hunched over slightly and holding her head in her hands.

"Maybe we should eat in the room tonight? Athena agreed, sitting up from her original position long enough to move back into the bed. "I'll get you some soup. Anything else you need?" She shook her before giving him a weak, 'no.'

Sirius returned to find Athena vomiting again. He set their dinner on the desk down and waited for her to emerge once again.

"Sorry," she mumbled, tooth brush shoved into her mouth once more.

"Maybe you should go see Pomfrey. At least get something to settle your stomach for the night?" Athena finished brushing her teeth and then settled herself into a chair to eat.

"You're right." A smirk crept onto Sirius's face as she spoke.

"Did you just admit I was right? You really are ill."

A/N:

Sorry for the absence y'all! It has been a BUSY month for me between work and my family. I'll try to be better I promise! @Dravox guessed it! What's she going to do about this situation with her parents? Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Love y'all,

Drea