Chapter 155

From that night on, Jenna and Sirius weren't able to get enough sleep for the rest of the summer, seeing as they were both sent on separate missions. Jenna was sent to spy on known Death Eaters from afar, to keep an eye on their activities.

Even though Snape was a spy for Dumbledore and the Order and was in Voldemort's inner circle, he still didn't have all the information. So Jenna and a few other Order members were sent to different Death Eaters' houses or their hiding places, in order to get more information on them and what they were up to.

They were ordered not to get close to them and not to engage in any sort of battle, and to only watch them from afar and to keep an eye on them. Half the time, Jenna had no idea where the Death Eaters were coming from or where they were going. Although she did manage to get to know new Death Eaters who had recently joined Voldemort.

Meanwhile, Sirius was supposed to make as many people as possibly to join the Order, or talk them out of going to the dark side. In Sirius's case, his missions usually ended up in a duel or a fight, and as much as Sirius swore that he was never the one to initiate first, Jenna was sure that half the time that wasn't true.

In the past months, Remus would return every once in a few weeks to report back to Dumbledore. He would even stay a bit at the Burrow for a cup of tea whenever Molly insisted, though he tried to avoid being in Tonks's presence as much as possible. He was even able to visit Harry on the night of his birthday at the Burrow.

Tonks still hadn't managed to gain control over her Metamorphic abilities, and her hair remained brown. She had even become less cheerful than her usual self.

But amid all that chaos that was reigning the Wizarding world, finished better news had arrived, when Bill announced that he and Fleur were now engaged. Everyone congratulated them, although Molly didn't seem too thrilled about the matter, because Fleur kept going on and on about how better things were back in France. Even Ginny's patience was growing thin.

   But all in all, the Wizarding world had once again fallen in war and horror. So in that summer, the only thing that managed to bring the happiness back to Jenna's heart was when she found out that Harry had become the new Quidditch captain for the Gryffindor team. She had never felt prouder in her whole life. She wouldn't stop bragging to Sirius about it for days.

     "I knew he had taken after his aunt," Jenna said proudly to Sirius, one night as they were getting ready for bed.

     It was the night before she was supposed to go back to the Burrow as Crookshanks, so she could leave the next day with the others and go to Hogwarts again.

     "Have you forgotten that I've been as good as you on the team, Jenny?" said Sirius, grinning smugly. "Even better, perhaps."

    "That's unlikely." Jenna scoffed, folding her arms sassily. "Otherwise you would have been made the captain. But if I recall correctly, McGonagall chose me as the Gryffindor captain."

    "I'm still convinced that you bribed her into giving you the spot."

     "Oh, yeah?" Jenna raised a brow at him stubbornly, as though challenging him. "Well, why don't you send her a letter right now and ask her?"

    "We're not children, Jenny. I'm not gonna send her a letter." Sirius rolled his eyes playfully, before saying with a grin after a small pause, "I'll ask her in person."

    Jenna laughed, walking closer to him and sitting beside him at the edge of the bed. She then placed a hand against his cheek, caressing it lightly with her thumb.

    "I'll miss you so much," she said with a sad smile.

     "I'll miss you too, Kitten," Sirius whispered, moving his face closer to her until his forehead rested against hers.

     He closed his eyes and breathed in her perfume, trying to savor the moment. Jenna then leaned in, pressing her lips against his, as gentle as a summer breeze. She felt him smile through the kiss, and her heartbeat picked up.

Without breaking the kiss, Sirius gently pushed Jenna back against the mattress as her hands travelled through his elegant black hair, pulling him closer to her even though no space was left between them. And so Sirius deepened the kiss, letting his love and passion for her take over for one last time before she had to leave.

***

After Sirius had fallen asleep, Jenna still laid awake in his arms, staring up at the ceiling, though her mind was far away. Throughout the last few months, many disappearances and deaths had taken place and the Death Eaters were being more active than last year, just as they had predicted.

    Ollivander was taken by the Death Eaters, and even Florean Fortescue had gone missing. Jenna could remember the man perfectly; he used to run the ice cream shop in Diagon Alley which her father absolutely loved.

    Jenna wanted to stay back and help the Order with more dangerous tasks, but she knew someone had to keep a close eye on Harry at school, given all the horrible things that had happened at Hogwarts in the past years.

Letting out a small sigh, Jenna took ahold of Sirius's arm which was wrapped around her bare waist, and managed to pull it off her with difficulty. She looked over at Sirius, seeing that he only stirred in his sleep and did not wake.

Getting out of bed, Jenna took her time to get dressed before placing her wand in her pocket. After she was ready to leave, she glanced at where Sirius was fast asleep on the bed, the moonlight beaming through the room and falling upon him from the window.

With a little smile on her face, Jenna quietly walked toward him and bent down, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Goodbye," she whispered, before walking out of the room and leaving the Potter Manor, Apparating to the Burrow.