006a ‑ Truth Part 1

(006a - Truth Part 1)

The gbas gbos in the comment session after Jidenna did what he did is so exciting 🔥🤸🏽‍♀️. So, I decided to give you guys a double update, mostly because this chapter is divided into two. Part two will be coming later in the day, so I won't leave you guys on the cliffhanger in this chapter for too long.

Also, our Lead Male will be showing his face for another little bit in this chapter 🌚😌.

P. S. Do you like the new cover?

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

With tears flowing like a waterfall from my eyes, I barged into the empty classroom, and immediately, my legs gave way. I slumped to the tiled floor and burst into another round of tears. I let it flow, hoping I'd feel better but nothing could stop the ache in my heart. The ache Jidenna had left there.

How could he do that to me?

I screamed, curling into a ball at the corner of the wall and bawled my eyes out. There was nothing else I could do but cry. My mind on its own began to play in repeat the words he had said. The fact that he could say all of that without batting an eyelid shocked me to my core. So insensitive! So heartless!

... I didn't kill your brother, Hilary. Your carelessness did...

Those words kept playing on repeat, kept turning my mind upside down. The guilt I had managed to keep hidden and buried, came back in full force. He was able to remind me that no matter what, I was still the reason Henry was dead. But I never expected that from him, never expected it to rub it in my face.

Jidenna, why would you do this to me?

I wasn't even going to blame him for anything, neither was I there to guilt-trip him. I just needed to know why he was avoiding me but I guess I finally found out. But that, all he had said, they were just too much for me to comprehend. It still felt foreign, still shocked me that he sputtered such words out of his mouth at me. For what exactly?

Why! Why! Why!

Sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall, I hoisted my knee up and buried my face in it, crying again. From my classmates to this? All these in one day? It was all too much. I wasn't prepared for this at all. This heartbreak. This betrayal. I can't deal with it. I don't have the strength to.

He betrayed me.

The door of the class opened and I looked up with a start, seeing a shadowy figure make its way in. I couldn't see clearly because of my blurry vision, so I used the back of my hand to clean my eyes. I looked up again and my breath caught in my chest when I saw who it was.