Lucky Charm - Barbatos

Barbatos...an impeccable butler with only the highest expectations for himself. He hardly ever slips up and if he did, no one would even notice. He was practically perfect in every way.

Diavolo knew this and didn't expect any less from Barbatos. Diavolo knew he could rely on him whenever he could. Even the brothers would seek Barbatos out for help from time to time.

Of course, Barbatos never complained or felt immense pressure when brought upon these tasks. He lived to serve the ones he loved.

Unfortunately, his seemingly perfect appearance faltered one day.

"Good morning young master. Would you like some tea?" Barbatos asked as he put breakfast on the table.

"Thank you, Barbatos. You're very kind." Diavolo said.

As Barbatos was pouring the tea, he accidentally knocked the cup over and spilled it everywhere. Startled, Diavolo jumped back a bit. Barbatos quickly cleaned it up, embarrassed by the mishap.

"My sincerest apologies, young master. I don't know what came over me." Barbatos bowed deeply.

"It's alright, Barbatos! No need to feel bad." Diavolo said.

"But my lord, I-"

"No buts! Those are for sitting." Diavolo chuckled.

Barbatos smiled a bit, finding it nice that Diavolo was trying to make light of the situation.

"It's fine Barbatos, I insist." Diavolo said.

"You are too kind, young master..." Barbatos bowed again.

"And you're too strict on yourself! It's okay if you mess up a bit, Barbatos. No one is going to hold it against you." Diavolo assured him.

Barbatos just smiled and nodded. Yes, it was a small accident, but he still felt terrible for it. What if something else went wrong and Diavolo could've gotten hurt?

To add to that, his day didn't seem to be getting any better.

"Barbatos, where's the paperwork that I need to sign off on?" Diavolo asked as he searched his desk.

"They should be on the right...oh." Barbatos frowned as he realized he accidentally switched them with homework from a previous class.

"Apologies my lord. I'll go and quickly retrieve them" Barbatos said as he went out of the office.

He was in such a hurry he didn't look where he was going and ran into something. It took him a while to realize what he ran into was you. The papers you were holding were scattered everywhere.

"Y/n! I'm terribly sorry...are you alright?" Barbatos asked as he searched you for any injuries.

"Yeah...I am." You lightly chuckled.

"What a relief...here, let me help you clean up." Barbatos said as he bent down to pick up the papers.

"Oh, you don't have to! I was the one that wasn't looking where I was going." You said as you picked the rest up.

"Well, that makes two of us." He chuckled a bit.

"Hm..? These are..." Taking a better look at the papers, he realized they were the ones he was supposed to give Diavolo.

"The professor realized you turned in the wrong papers and I volunteered to give them to you." You said.

"Thank you...I certainly owe you after this whole ordeal..." Barbatos' cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"You don't owe me anything, love." You giggled.

Barbatos' smile faltered a bit. Though he was appreciative that no one was getting upset because of his slip-ups, he still hated the fact that they happened.