The run

Sree

I had to go back to office on Monday. I felt sad wishing my family and friends goodbye. The marriage was fixed around 6 months from then..

Vikram told me not to tell anyone in the office about the engagement or marriage till he decided to tell. I agreed as I didn't want to tell people too.. As this was fake..

I went to my seat. It seemed long. I felt sad and lonely there.. My 2 friends Sanjay and Deepa were not there.
Deepa was transferred to the Chennai branch. I wondered why he didn't fire her too. . I didn't get a chance to ask her about her betrayal. She had texted me , but I hadn't replied..

I didn't feel like it.. I told myself I had to confront her soon.. How she could tell my personal information to some stranger. I trusted her..

I realized how bad people could be.. Many of them..

Ramesh came to my place and told me that Vikram sir wanted me at his cabin.

I sighed. " What was his problem now.. I was happy that I was quitting the company.. There was less than a month left..

I entered his cabin.

"Ya Sree,.. Instead of Sanjay and Deepa, we have hired 2 replacements.. Since the work is quite advanced for new people, I want you to give them the orientation and give them KT. ", he said.

Great. Now I had to do this too, along with my work..

I simply nodded

" And.. I'm thinking of extending your notice period to around 2 weeks more.. The KT would be over, but it would be good to have your supervision while they do the work", he said.

"What? But how can the notice period be extended.. Isn't it according to corporate rules and I guess Ramesh can handle and help them", I said

" Well, I'm the CEO, so I have the power ,.. And Ramesh is a senior, he is busy in new projects , I can't ask him to handle two newbies.. So it's on you.. ",

I cursed under my breath.. I was counting my days in this company and he had to extend it just to baby sit some new employees.

"I'll have them report to you at your place after a short briefing from me, you may leave", he said.

I went to my place and scrolled through the mailbox.

In some time, I heard 2 people approach me..

" We were told to report to you for the orientation .. ", said a guy.. I turned around.

The guy.. Was tall., he had broad shoulders, abs.. His.. hair had small curls running on his forehead.
A small trimmed beard, his eyes and face looked rough but were twinkling.. He had this rough look about him but looked sort of good.

"Ajay", he said.

I looked to his side and blinked in surprise.. I must be dreaming..

It was Akshara there...

" What are you doing here? ", I exclaimed at her ignoring Ajay

"Surprise, Sree.. Well I was tired of my job in chennai as you knew.. So I wanted to try someplace else.. I simply applied here.. And I got the job.. I thought a lot but decided a new job in a new place would do me good, especially I can see you.. I didn't tell you as I wanted to give you a surprise.. "She said

I was so happy to have her here.. I hugged her..

" Now I feel like the 3rd wheel", remarked Ajay.

"Oh.. Sorry Ajay, I was just surprised.. I'm Sreedevi here, I'm going to be giving both of you orientation and KT. ", I said

" You both can introduce yourselves and the job you did", I said.