Chapter 4: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ

Show me your soul, I gotta know

Bet that you're beautiful inside

Toes on the gas, car moving fast

Come take the wheel and drive

"Dangerous": David Guetta

Q: Are you the type that presses people to know more or simply wait for them to open up on their own?

Two weeks have passed since then and I won't lie. I did think about Zane a few times. I was freaking out because that has never happened with any guy I've been interested in before.

I couldn't understand why I had him in my mind.

We only exchanged a few words and it wasn't like I'll see him again.

I shook away the thoughts and decided to focus on the web I was in. A few apartments caught my attention but they were too expensive in the long run and I knew I couldn't afford any of them.

.....

At around 1 am after I fell asleep my phone rang.

Unknown number

"Hello?" I asked, still half asleep.

"Is this Katherine?" said a deep voice and it kind of sounded familiar but in my sleepy state I couldn't tell.

"Who's asking?" I asked, not ready to tell the stranger my name. Who knows who it was.

"It's me Zane, it's about your sister" I immediately stood up and my heart was beating fast. Did anything happen to her?

"What happened?" I asked, my hands trembling.

"She's totally wasted. I meant to take her home but I don't know where she lives so I thought about calling you."

"Omg, I'll be there soon. Where are you?"

"At the race track from last time. Listen, it's dangerous for you to drive at this hour, I'll bring her to you, tell me where you live". Absolutely no. He can't come here and risk my mom finding out. I won't make the poor man drive an hour to take her to her dorm either.

"No, I'm coming, wait there!" I answered harsher than I wanted and I felt bad.

"Alright, I'll wait for you here. Drive carefully!"

"I will, thank you!" My voice was nicer this time.

Damn it Sarah, why are you doing this? When are you going to stop?

Half an hour later I was there looking everywhere for her. I spotted the black car from last night which I assumed was Zane's and I approached it.

When I got closer I froze.