35. The Banquet

(A/N: The voting period has ended)
.
.
.
.
King Cyan had many things to ponder especially concerning his younger brother: the fact that he was now counted as someone who could take the throne should anything happen to himself and his sons made him wary.

Truth be told, King Cyan is a very cautious man, never quick to trust a single person and he'd been this way since his eldest brothers had killed each other off during the succession wars when he was younger.

Kian Ledris's, his younger brother, sudden return could not be looked over with acceptance just like that. He's whereabouts before his return were completely unknown, how he returned was even more unknown than that. Everything was a mystery, therefore this brother of his was a suspicious person who could pose a threat to not just the king but Ledris itself.

That's why King Cyan already had people watching him, Kieth included. He didn't dare to think it was a coincidence that his brother suddenly returned after the heroes were summoned and the summoners killed by a force unknown whilst there was a sudden and unexplainable increase in corrupted spirit in Ifvnar. There were too many unanswered questions.

King Cyan didn't have the time to be reminisce about things of the past let alone ignore all the obvious signs of possible trouble.
.
.
.
.
.

The upcoming banquet would be to not only announce Kian Ledris's return officially but also celebrate it, it was also the chance to enact King Cyans plan of introducing the summoned ones to the people officially.

He left preparations to his eldest son Levi because the debut of the heroes also involved him and now finally the day had arrived.

Famous nobles along with their families arrived and even royalty from a few neighbouring nations came as well, the generals adorned in their uniforms and high ranking knights, merchants and many more people attended the grand banquet.

Among the attendees was of course the Ledris Royal family, who were hosting the banquet, the royal guard who were in charge of security and finally the summoned ones (A/N: I'll also refer to them as heroes).

For the first part of the banquet, which started in the afternoon and would go on to the evening, Kim Jaehyun and the others were dressed in the official uniform belonging to the royal knights that worked directly under the royal family.

After the main announcement concerning his highness, Kian Ledris, was made, they were introduced as members of Crown prince Levi's elite knights and the fact that they were summoned from the forbidden realm was left out.

Their appearance wasn't a problem at all since even the people from Heiz looked similar to them and many Heiz citizens had once moved over to Arshnix at some point so there was no lack of them. Kim Jaehyun and the others simply looked like foreigners but since they behaved as if they were raised in Ledris no one bothered to think they were actually from the forbidden realm.

There were a lot of gazes following the four of them after that announcement, some of them judging others curious and some were welcoming but that was how it was in the upper echelons of society.

Once the banquet extended into the night, the four were allowed to change into more suitable attire for a ball so they could interact with the people.

Everything was perfectly planned out by Levi, even their clothing for all three parts of the event. Levi had them dressed in the royal colours which were blue and gold, though he told the designers not to make it obvious, what he wanted was for them to give off an aura of belonging when they interacted with others.

The first two parts of the event proceeded quite nicely, everyone enjoyed themselves and there were no unforeseen dangers. Even King Cyan looked pleased with how well the event was going. He didn't mind the fact that the introduction of the heroes as 'knights' had completely overshadowed the announcement of his brothers return... in fact it was a way of keeping him in check. This way Kian wouldn't be able to immediately start amassing power through this event by getting in contact with all the high ranking people present.