This Stranger

From the many books I read in which people bump into each other in the most least expected ways I was imagining this situation to follow that. I wish I could say that Bash froze in his spot, his jaw dropped to the floor, his eyes widened in surprise but truthfully none of that happened. Which caused me to stare at Bash with a look of utter stupidity because I followed all of those guidelines.

His eyes looked at me blankly like he either knew I was coming or didn't know who I was to begin with. His arms stayed around Quinn's waist until finally she pulled away with a large grin.

How did Quinn and Bash meet and why do they seem to be so close with each other? It's obvious that they aren't dating because Bash hasn't shoved his tongue down her throat like Mason did.

As soon as I open my mouth to ask how the two know each other Bash speaks up.

"Who's blondie?" He nods his head towards me.

Wait... what?

I have to do a double take to make sure that this tattooed, pierced, rude boy is in fact Bash and not a lookalike that I mistook him for. When everything looks that same, broad shoulders, piercing's in all the right places, a tattoo creeping up his neck, and same old black outfit I'm left to the conclusion that Bash has taken this ignoring thing to a whole new level.

"She's a girl from school." Quinn waves her hand through the air as if my presence is as significant as a bug on the ground.

"Wait, wait, wait," repeats Mason with his hands up and a mischievous grin on his lips that make him look like the Joker. "I think I know you." He looks me from head to toes.

"You do?" Quinn asks interested, still with one hand on Bash's shoulder.

My eyes rake over his appearance trying to figure out where I could know him from. I come up short when no comprehension appears for me.

Mason nods his head vigorously, obviously ecstatic at my attendance. Well at least someone is happy for me to be here.

"She looks really familiar," he continues until realization dawns on his face. Suddenly he throws out both his fists, successfully hitting both Bash and Chase in the biceps with urgency. "Dude!"

"Damn man, don't shît your pants over her," mutters Chase while holding his arm.

Bash simply punches Mason back with an annoyed look on his face.

"She's from the ice cream place, oh god," Mason erupts into a fit of deep laughter.

When he says the words a memory pops up in my head. Walking past Bash and the two blondes, while one with long hair whispered in Bash's ear with the bet of trying to sleep with me. Well he won that one.

Whatever likeness I had for Mason has now been swept clean at the realization of his cruel ways, especially with his malicious non-stop laughter which is sending waves of heat to swarm up my neck.

"I'm confused," Quinn whines. "Explain," she demands of Bash.

Bash doesn't even bother to look at me while he talks to Quinn. His eyes stay focused on her and only her. "The day we met at the ice cream place Blondie over here walked by and Mason bet me that I could fuck her in the bathroom for twenty bucks. I said I could do better because I don't fūck snobby rich girls," distaste flashes in his eyes and I swear his fists clench up at his own words, "and she overheard then she ran away back to her sugar daddy."

"The look on her face was so priceless," booms Mason with laughter who has tears running down his cheeks.

I'm sure my face is just as humilatiated as it was that day after Bash's comment.

As Quinn looks over at me Bash does the same but only briefly. "Well good thing you didn't try Bash because Mother Theresa has her sights set on some guy at school, and it's written in stone. Isn't it Sadie?"

I mumble some sort of response not being able to say anything.

I honestly don't know what hurts less, Lucas's true intentions or Bash's vulgarity.

The idea of Bash possibly liking me more then I let on passes through my head but it leaves just as soon as it came. What replaces it is a carnival of giggling masses and the clacking of heels on the hardwood floor of the hallway approaching. Three girls appear in the doorway behind Bash the same time Quinn rolls her eyes and leaves his side to come to mine.

The girls clothes could hardly be considered clothes at all. One girl has jeans on that is showing more skin than fabric. Another girl with outrageously bright green hair is wearing high heels that are longer then her foot itself. And the girl in the middle who is wearing nothing but overalls.

"I know, I know." Quinn sighs as she plops down on the couch and pulls me down with her. "They look like total sluts and obviously don't know what clothes are," she says loud enough for them to hear. All three girls glare in our direction before planting themselves on a boy. The girl in overalls and light blue hair with bright blue eyes and a tattooed covered arm and back hangs herself off of Bash who seems to be appreciating the gesture with as much enthusiasm as one would when watching grass grow.

The girl with the dangerously tall shoes finds her way to Chase who finds us more interesting. He walks over to us, leaving the girl fuming and embarrassed behind him and barely dodging Mason who grabs a handful of the pantless girl's bûtt.

Quinn swings her long legs over my own so she's laying down and her toes reach Jack who seems more interested in his phone then the practically naked girls around him. So far, I like him the best, despite the fear I have when I look at him.

"Is he your boyfriend," I ask Quinn, looking over at Mason who is now leaving a very presentable mark on the girl's neck.

Chase and Quinn laugh loudly at the same time. Chase pulls up Quinn's legs so he can sit next to me on the couch. "What you saw between Mason and Quinn is their way of saying hello to each other," Chase says amused.

I look to Quinn for confirmation who adds, "We have an agreement. We shag each other with no affections."

"And you and..."I stop myself before I say Bash's name who apparently doesn't know who I am, "that guy?" I look over at Bash who is seeming more interested in Farmer girl's boöbs then what she's saying.

"Oh, that's Bash." She waves it off as no big deal. "We've never slept together and never will."

I'm shocked to say the least.

"Why not?"

Less interest Sadie! I tell myself.

"We're just friends, that's all. He isn't as immature as the Mason so I can tolerate him for more than two hours and he doesn't do any of his friends."

I mentally argue, "He did me and we were friends, or I thought we were," but I decide to keep my mouth shut, besides Quinn speaks up again.

"Also, I'm not as big as a slüt as you think I am Sadie. I don't fuck any guy I come across, plus I needed a friend who actually had something's in common with me, unlike your nerd aśs."

"Thanks," I say dryly.