Chapter 45

Shout out to KishmishParmar for the beautiful cover above!

Hi hi :D 

Sorry for any grammr/editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 45

       "Um, can I have blueberry one?" I asked eagerly as I peered down at the sugary goodness in the display case.

       "You can have whatever you want, Princess." Trey chuckled at my side before giving our order to the cashier. I sneezed again and dabbed at my already raw nose. Those bright green eyes threw me a sideways glance. "You're not fooling anyone over there." The large man/boy all but grumbled as the little old bakery lady gave him our muffins.

       "I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled miserably into my tissue, and tried to ignore the sudden urge to cough. Truth of the matter was, I did not feel good. Like at all. I guess going swimming in the middle of November wasn't such a good idea—but the Dimajios and Rex were fine! So 'technically' I wasn't sick until they were!

       Trey rolled his eyes and used his obnoxiously large body to usher me towards the back corner of the bakery. "You know he's going to lose his mind the minute he sees you like this."

       "I don't know what you're talking about." I muttered again, because even though 'denial' was more than just a river in Egypt, I was sticking with that story. "I just have allergies."

       Trey snorted as he sat down across from me and placed our muffins on the table. "Yeah, okay, you try convincing Rex that." I frowned down at the blueberry goodness patiently waiting for me to tear it apart, thought food hasn't really sounded appealing lately. It's only been two days since our lake adventure, and I kept feel decreasingly worse—a fact I was trying to keep from Rex at all costs.

       "Anyways," Trey drawled on lazily. "It's Friday and we got all weekend before school starts again, have anything fun in mind?" I shrugged nonchalantly and tore at the thin paper wrapped around my untouched muffin. His was already gone.

       "Whatever Rex wants to do is fine by me."

       Trey let out a long, over exaggerated groan and leaned back heavily in the crummy plastic seat. I tried to hide a small cough and quickly sipped on the orange juice I grabbed when we first walked in.

       "Well, that kills any hope of 'fun'." The large mountain grumbled before reaching for his phone, which had not stopped vibrating since he sat down.

       I tore off a piece of the muffin and popped it into my mouth. The blueberry tase was muddled through my clogged sinuses and so unappealing I frowned. These allergies better go away real fast—I couldn't even enjoy sugar!

       "Rex is fun." I defended weakly as Trey started tapping quickly away on his Iphone's keypad. Rex had to leave early that morning, for whatever reason, and asked Trey to take me out for breakfast. Which was nice, I liked spending time with the big mountain.

       He grunted, and those bright green eyes flickered briefly towards my gaze before glancing down at the screen again. "Not anymore." But the words were spoken so low I wasn't sure if I heard them right.

       "Huh?"

       Trey glanced up quickly, his eyes wide like he hadn't meant to actually say anything. "Nothing, Princess. Don't worry about, I didn't mean to say anything. I'm sorry." His apology only made my frown deepen, which quickly disappeared as another sneeze racked through my body. Trey's smile was soft and genuine as he reached across the table to hand me a napkin. I took it with a soft 'thank you' and dabbed at my nose.