Ch 304: Not Something I Can Comprehend

*Bzzzt*

"Can you hear me?"

*Bzzzt*

"Skadi, please reply quickly, I want to confirm the connection."

"I see."

*Bzzzt*

"Have you arrived at the target location?"

*Bzzzt*

"Did you find anything?"

*Bzzzt*

"Skadi... Can you hear me?"

*Bzzzt*

"What did you say? What did you see?"

*Bzzzt*

*Click.*

The recording is complete.

Lin Ye released the tape recorder. He sits on his sofa, staring blankly at the ceiling.

This recording was made by Kal'tsit. He didn't go back to his dormitory after he acquired it since he didn't want to disturb Ansel's sleep. He was in desperate need of rest. Instead, he proceeded to his office. He listened to the audio at the workplace five or six times over and over again. He was about to memorize everything of Skadi and Kal'tsit's brief chats that night.

The first part of the recording was completely normal. It's simply that Kal'tsit inquired about the situation there, to which Skadi responded. Skadi was typical at the time, and the manner he responded was also very Skadi-like. That is, she would respond with two or less words. Lin Ye deduced from these brief chats that Skadi had not discovered anything at the time. The second half, on the other hand, was rather different. Kal'tsit abruptly inquired about the therapy room with Skadi. According to Kal'tsit's tone in the tape, she is not hostile to the subject and appears to be highly interested in it. Skadi's response was likewise hampered by this topic.

Like Kal'tsit at the time, Lin Ye assumed Skadi was uninterested in this issue when he first heard it, but she refused to answer. She appeared a little at ease every time she spoke.

He alternated between listening and speaking. Lin Ye understood after five or six attempts that this was not the case. Skadi's tone did not appear to be applied because she was uninterested in the issue, but she discovered something that diverted her attention.

Skadi didn't even talk to Kal'tsit till she fully lost communication with her for this finding, for reasons he doesn't know. In reality, it was clear to hear towards the conclusion of the audio that she had also observed Skadi's peculiar behaviour, but it was too late. Skadi's final word was a hazy syllable that sounded vaguely like Lin Ye's name, which is also Kal'tsit reason for telling Lin Ye the reason for this.

'But what does this mean?' Lin Ye is perplexed. He'd never had anything like this before, and now he just feels a headache coming on.

A familiar feminine voice called out from the entrance, "Doctor Lin Ye?"

Lin Ye turns around and discovers that it was Blue Poison. "Why are you here again? Don't you need to go back to the dorm to rest?" she inquires.

"Ah, Blue Poison," Lin Ye says as he sits up, "it's nothing, I just... had some stuff to do."

"Will you then remain here again tonight? ", and Lin Ye had no intention of spending another night in the workplace. The sofa and the bed remain diametrically opposed. There is no heating in his workplace. It's really not a pleasant place to sleep in the cold. But he doesn't have time to consider what is pleasant or unpleasant right now. He believes that after listening to this audio, he will be unable to fall asleep.