.036

He came for her, and she can't hide her smile nearly as well as she should. Mando came for her, and Alora has never felt happier. He helps her to the hanger they arrived in, Moff Gideon still passed out in handcuffs that used to be around her wrists. Though he's annoying to carry around, Mando had insisted on making this pit stop before joining the others on the bridge.

"Wow," Alora arches a brow at the sight of all the dead Imps along with the rusty fighter they arrived in. "Messy welcome, I take it." Her bones ache with each step, but something in her blood urges her forwards.

Mando shrugs as he lets Gideon sit against the wall before motioning for her to go to the ship.

"Don't want to join me?" She asks.

"Just go."

Shaking her head, Alora makes her way onto the ship, her joints cracking as she ascends into the hull. A smile spreads over her face as her gaze lands on a hidden compartment, her chest warming for a reason she does not know. When she opens the compartment, her heart stops.

Grogu coos, reaching a clawed hand up to her as her forgotten lightsaber sits just beyond him. He presses a claw to her nose as Alora scoops him into her arms with a watery laugh escaping her lips. "I missed you too, kid," she whispers, afraid of cracking her voice if she speaks too loudly.

He whines when she takes her lightsaber; she suspects it is due to the fact that she can no longer hold him with both hands. "Don't worry," she says as she makes her way back out of the ship, eyeing Mando still standing by Gideon. "I've got you."

As they approach, Mando looks up while Alora's expression goes sour. She sees his helmet tilt to the side just as Alora kicks him in the shin. "What the hell's wrong with you? Bringing a child on a rescue mission!" She exclaims. "He could have gotten hurt or found or worse!"

Mando lets out a groan disguised as a laugh. "I thought you'd want to see him."

"Not on an Imperial cruiser!"

"Well, I couldn't leave him with Fett, now, could I?"

Alora blinks as the name bounces around in her mind. At first, she frowns at its familiarity before the name settles. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh," Mando takes a subtle step back. "Nothing."

"Fett who?"

"Don't be mad."

"Don't be mad?!" Alora throws her hand in the air as Grogu grips her shoulder tightly. "Fett? As in Boba Fett? He tried to kill me!"

"Well, he saved you now. He said he'd call it even."

"I had to drop him in a sarlacc pit, Mando. Plus, you know how I feel about clones, ok? So, where is he? I'd love a rematch where I can finally blow him to pieces. How could you work with him?"