82. earth

Following Bellamy's exit, I had collapsed back on the bed with warm tears spilling down my cheeks. 

My hand gently touched my lips as they still tingled from the feeling of his against my own. That would be the last time I would feel Bellamy that close to me for a long time. I feared it would be forever. 

Time and time again, Bellamy did what he thought was best for me, for the others. Sometimes what he did was actually right, others times it wasn't. I fully believed that this was one of the times in which it wasn't. 

No matter what he believed about the so-called Last War, I wished he believed in me more. Me, the same girl he had spent loving for close to a decade. Me, the person who knew him best in this world. Me, the person who he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with. 

I tried not to take it personally, but that was difficult. 

More time passed in which I was left alone in complete silence until finally the door chimed open and Raven was shoved back in. 

Jolting up, I rushed over to her. "Are you okay?" I demanded, my eyes scanning her head for any sign of damage. 

She gave a small nod. "They put Clarke in instead." 

Her voice was in a whisper, a result of the guards who had followed her in. I held onto her arms, looking passed her at the guards. "Is there something we can help you with?" I snapped. 

The one rolled his eyes as he pulled out two pairs of restraints. "Arms out in front of you."

"No." I argued, taking a step back. "What's this about."

He sighed as he grabbed onto me, pulling me toward him. "The Shepherd requires your presence in the Stone Room."

I tugged my arm free. "Your Shepherd can go to hell."

That earned me a hard smack upside the head. "You can cooperate, or we can do this the hard way. You choose?"

Raven glanced over at me, giving me a small nod as she held her arms out in front of me. Reluctantly, I bit down on my lip as I did the same. 

Part of me was curious what Cadogan could possibly have planned. The other part of me was hoping I would get to see Bellamy again. 

"Move." The guards snapped, pushing Raven and I into the hallway where the others were currently being corralled. The scene reminded me a lot of the day Octavia and I were ripped from our cells to be sent down to Earth.

"Avery." Miller breathed as I was shoved in line next to him. "What's going on?"

I glanced over at him, keeping my voice low as we went. "I don't know. They said Cadogan needed to see us."

His eyes flickered to the guards in front of us. "Did you talk to Bellamy?" He wondered. "This is all some sort of mistake, right? He's not actually with them."

A lump seemed to form in my throat as I shook my head. "It's not a mistake. Bellamy's one of them."

Miller let out a small curse as his eyes fell downward. "Damn."

"Quiet." A guard snapped, giving me a hard shove. 

"Don't touch her." Miller spat, turning to the guard with ferocity. 

Before the standoff could get anymore heated, we were directed into the Stone Room and greeted by Cadogan who watched us with a small smile. Bellamy was there too. And instantly I regretted my earlier desire to see him. Looking at him now felt like getting shot in the chest. Because the man I was looking at wasn't him-not really.