The Hulk Encounter

After getting off of the Quinjet I teleport to my bedroom and collapse on my bed as it had been a long day and night I guess given the couple-hour time difference between New York and Germany. I eventually let sleep takeover and I sleep for a few hours before waking up and teleporting to the main room.

Judging by the fact that Shield agents are still trying to locate Clint, a few compromised Shield scientists, and the tesseract Loki isn't talking. I teleport to Bruce's lab and find that Bruce isn't alone. Nat, Steve, Tony, Thor, and Nick are there along with Bruce.

I walk over to Nat and stand next to her as a conversation suddenly gets heated between the adults involving nuclear weapons powered by the tesseract from what I am hearing. My head moves side to side watching the adults fight like I am trying to follow a tennis match.

After a few minutes, the heated conversation pauses only to be continued when Thor says "You speak of control yet you cause chaos." Then Bruce responds saying "What are we a team no, no, no, we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos we're, we're a time bomb." Fury replies saying "You need to step away." Tony says "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Steve annoyed by Tony's response says "You know damn well why, back off." Then another heated conversation breaks out between Steve and Tony. "Which results in Steve saying "Take the suit off and what are you?" "Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist." came Tony's response. Nat does a head tilt as though to say "Well, he's not wrong." You forgot one, Stark. Murderer.

Then I try not to listen as Steve and Tony start fighting again. But then Thor makes a comment saying "You humans are so petty and tiny." And I can't help but listen as Nick buds in and says "Agent Romanoff would you escort Dr. Banner back to his-" "Where? You are renting out my room." interrupted Bruce. "The cell was just in-" "Case you needed to kill me but you can't. I know I tried." I cover my ears to tune out the rest of Bruce's speech because I don't want to hear how he tried to.

Then the next thing I know, I see Nick getting ready to pull out his gun and I look at Bruce and I am shocked to see that he is holding Loki's scepter. Then a beeping noise fills the room letting us know that the tesseract has been found! Then Bruce sees something on the research screen that makes him say "Oh my god."

Suddenly there is an explosion and Nat and I fall down to a lower part of the Helicarrier with Bruce. On comms, I hear Nick say "Romanoff." Nat responds saying "We're okay." Despite the fact that both she and I have a metal pipe on top of one of our ankles. Off comms, she says "We're okay right?" as she looks at Bruce who is clenching and unclenching his fists. "Bruce you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. You are gonna be ok listen to me." as she finishes saying that, two Shield agents jog over saying "Are you hurt?" Nat motions for them to get away.

Nat keeps trying to stop Bruce from turning into the Hulk and she says "We're going to be ok. I swear on my life I will get you out of this you will walk away-" Then Bruce whose voice has gotten deeper shouts "Your life?!" Then to Nat and I's horror Bruce starts to turn green and get bigger ripping his clothes. Just before Bruce fully turns into the Hulk he looks at Nat and me with a look that almost says "I'm sorry." Then he fully turns into the Hulk and roars making the lights flicker as Nat and I pull our ankles free from the pipe and we stand up.

We look at the Hulk with terrified looks on our faces and when the Hulk spots us we run as he starts to chase us. "Hadley teleport yourself out of here!" says Nat as we run up a little staircase. "No, I won't leave you here!" I say as the Hulk destroys the final few steps as Nat and I flip up to a mini walkway. Then we hop over bars and onto a lower path as the Hulk follows us in hot pursuit. Then we drop down and run as the Hulk lets out a big roar.

Nat and I crouch down as we are under some pipes and stay there for a moment. Then we get out from under there and stand up, Nat gets her gun ready as I get my Telekinesis ready making my eyes glow gold as my usual wisps form around my hands. Then out of nowhere the Hulk jumps in front of us and roars making us jump. Nat shoots a pipe which leaks some fog stalling the Hulk for a moment while we run. As we run Nat puts her gun in her leg holster and I feel my powers disappear. The Hulk is hot on our heels and is destroying the things around us. The Hulk is right behind us and Nat and I try to cover our heads as we run so we don't get hit by broken parts of the Helicarrier flying through the air as the Hulk runs. He hits Nat and me with his arm sending us flying and crashing us into a wall. We sit up and Nat pulls me behind her as the Hulk comes towards us with his right arm raised as something flies at him full speed, sending him out of the room. Nat and I's postures drop as we let out a breath of relief that we don't have to run from the Hulk anymore. But our very near-death experience left us both shaking.

After catching our breath for a few minutes, we feel the Helicarrier start to drop. I am guessing we lost two engines or something because the Helicarrier can fly if it's only missing one engine. Then over comms, we hear Nick say "It's Barton he took out our systems, he's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Nat says in a shaky voice "This is Agent Romanoff. I copy." Then she gets up off the ground with a fiery look in her eye and goes over to the detention level.

I teleport to the main room and a Shield doctor examines my ankle and I get the good news that it is only a rolled ankle that is really bruised so nothing too serious. Then I teleport to my room. I as I calm down after the adrenaline rush of running from the Hulk I start to feel bad that Nat has to fight Clint who is her brother-like best friend especially after narrowly escaping the wrath of the Hulk. Then suddenly I feel the Helicarrier stop falling. I am assuming that at least one of the engines got fixed. "Agent Coulson is down." says Nick over comms and I started crying and I scream bloody murder.

Phil Coulson is the reason I am in New York, the reason I met Nat and Clint, the reason I have the incredible yet exhausting life I have now. I basically owe him my life. I just can't believe that he's gone. I think as I cry into my pillow with Marvel the stuffed animal Snow Leopard by my side.