Wand Beats Karate

I sat in a small clearing with Sunny sitting in front of me. "It's been weeks, Sunny." I said staring out in front of me. "Patience. They will return. They always do." Sunny said licking his paw and rubbing it against his cheek. I stared down at my lap and Sunny sighed. "You have to stop moping about. How about you practice your magic? It has been quite some time, hasn't it?" Sunny said and I glared at him.

"That's a hard no and you know that." I said and he rolled onto his back. "I don't understand what the big deal is. We're alone. I'm here to stop you from doing anything stupid. It's the perfect opportunity. No one will know you did magic unless you tell them." Sunny said and I crossed my arms over my chest. "Fine! It was worth a shot. You really should start using your magic again." He said flipping back over and stretching. "Use a wand if you must, but you are losing yourself more and more." He said and I stared at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"When your body was first taken over you shut everything out. You completely shut down. If you're not careful the past may repeat itself, and it could be far worse." He said and I rolled my eyes. "If I absolutely 100% need to use magic I will, but I'm going to refrain from it as much as I can. The last time Zhan Tiri made herself known I almost lost. If I don't use magic, she can't find a weak point and slip in." Sunny rolled his eyes. "And what if not using magic is your weak point? Hmm?"

I tilted my head to the side confused. "How could that be my weak point?" I asked and he sighed. "By not using your magic, you're not improving to protect yourself. While more incidents will happen, the better prepared you will be. I know that nightmare is important, and you have to be prepared for it." Sunny said and I glared at the ground.

"I don't want that dream to be right! You and I both know exactly how dangerous it is for the dream to come true. The dream already shows that I lose and she wins!" I said running a hand through my hair completely and utterly frustrated. "You don't know that." Sunny said putting his paws on one of my legs to get my attention. "Exactly! We don't know what the outcome will be! I might survive and I might help destroy everything. I want to play it safe." I said and Sunny sighed before nodding.

"I know I can't change your decision right now, but consider at least using your wand. I'll fetch it for you so you have it when you're ready." Sunny said and I nodded. I closed my eyes before opening them once more. I stood up from the ground and dusted off my dress. Sunny gave me a simple meow while rubbing against my legs and pawing at my satchel. I opened it and he hopped inside.

I looked up at the sky and noticed that the sun was starting to go down. "That's strange. I must have been here longer than I thought." I said to myself and turned to head back to the caravan. As I was walking I picked up a few things that the deity's might like.

I picked up a few things and stared at them in my hands. 'Why should I even bother?' I thought to myself as I glared down at what was in my hands before shoving them into my pockets. My satchel started moving and I opened it. Sunny jumped out with a familiar wand in his mouth. He walked ahead of me with the wand still in his mouth and lead me back to the caravan.

By the time I arrived it was night. The moon was shining and the stars were bright. "And there it was! The Great Tree!" I heard Rapunzel gushing as I approached where the others were sitting. A large fire sat in the middle of them and they all had marshmallows on sticks over the fire. "We will be heading there first thing in the morning!" Rapunzel said and I came close enough to the group so they could see me coming.

"Kid, where have you been? We've been worried about you." Eugene said seeing me first and everyone turned to look at me. I looked down at the ground and rubbed the back of my neck. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. I just lost track of time." I said and Varian patted the spot next to him and I sat down. Sunny jumped into my lap with my wand still in his mouth.