Chapter 38

Please Check the author's note at the bottom if you want to get involved in the development of the story

Haas F1 2021 Car Launch

Y/N POV

The past few months have been tough on me. I have been trying my best to figure out a way to solve this Nikita Mazepin problem and it wasn't easy. Every day I am seeing negative comments about Mazepin online and there is nothing I can do about it. The fans are right, what Mazepin did in that video was not supposed to be tolerated by the team and yet the team did not make a reply regarding the situation.

Car launch day is tomorrow, and tomorrow will be the day I will be meeting the press and everyone will be expecting me to give a good explanation to the current situation to Haas. Currently, I got nothing. Even though Jennie was the one who caused this problem, I can't put the blame on her publicly because the media and fans will not believe about this story. I guess the best I could do is hope that the FIA takes Mazepin's super license away after the investigation. 

Suddenly out of nowhere, Gunether called me. Maybe he wants to talk about the details for tomorrow's car launch and the program.

Guenther Steiner: Y/N, hello, are you ready for the car launch tomorrow?

Y/N: Yep, what's the rundown?

Guenther Steiner: I have emailed it to you already. I just wanted to say that the FIA has confirmed that Nikita will retain his super license and is eligible to compete for us in the 2021 Formula 1 season.

Y/N: Ok no problem.

Guenther Steiner: Just so you know the focus on tomorrow's press conference will be on how we are dealing with the situation regarding Nikita and his video posted on social media. So I want you to come up with an explanation for the press since you are the special advisor and you advised the team to sign Nikita.

Y/N: Ok Guenther.

Guenther Steiner: If everything's clear, I will see you tomorrow.

Well that's just the phone call you wanted to receive. Guenther putting all the blame on me even though he made the ultimate decision on signing Mazepin for the team. Also, I was hoping for FIA to dismiss his super license so he can't race but I guess that's not happening. I looked on the news just to confirm that what Guenther said was true. 

Great, now my only hope of using the easy way to solve this problem was completely out the window

Great, now my only hope of using the easy way to solve this problem was completely out the window. I need to take full responsibility and blame for this problem and selecting Nikita Mazepin. I guess Guenther was right for putting the blame all on me. Like Guenther said, I advised the team of signing on Nikita Mazepin and even if I don't deserve the full blame, I should take the majority of the blame in this situation. Guess taking the blame and apologising for the mistake was the only way out of this problem.

Time Skip To The Car Launch

I arrived at the pit lane of the Sakhir International Circuit and in front of me was the Haas VF-21 covered under a blanket. This will be my first time participating in a car launch as someone else other than a driver. Anyways, that's not what I need to worry about for now, I need to worry about how do I face the press later.